SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Early Departures & Portal Transfers

brianvf

Of note,  Brandon Koch will have a one year leave to attend grad school. With the base in GF, it is an option. 

Mason Klee's brother is a UND commit, but is a few years away. 

Logan Jenuwine got kicked out of ASU, good luck to him getting another team to look at him.

Can't imagine Ivy kids giving us a look, but maybe Krys given the family's pro hockey pedigree?

23 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Of note,  Brandon Koch will have a one year leave to attend grad school. With the base in GF, it is an option. 

Mason Klee's brother is a UND commit, but is a few years away. 

Logan Jenuwine got kicked out of ASU, good luck to him getting another team to look at him.

Can't imagine Ivy kids giving us a look, but maybe Krys given the family's pro hockey pedigree?

He's been at LSSU last two seasons, and used up his transfer year

13 minutes ago, cberkas said:

He's been at LSSU last two seasons, and used up his transfer year

He put up monster points in the NAHL...60 goals and 104 points in 59 games, but it hasn't translated to the college game as of yet.
And then he only played in half of LSSU's games this season...not sure if he was injured or just couldn't crack the lineup.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Keep track of the goaltenders....

Nothing of note on there yet.  Only two listed.  Neither appear to be our savior for next season.  ;)   

47 minutes ago, brianvf said:

That’s a big loss for them, but they will get Biondi back from injury, which will be huge for them, and along with Howard and Steeves will give them a potent power play if they can find someone to fill Kaiser’s shoes.

36 minutes ago, tnt said:

That’s a big loss for them, but they will get Biondi back from injury, which will be huge for them, and along with Howard and Steeves will give them a potent power play if they can find someone to fill Kaiser’s shoes.

Biondi was a surprise for me this season...he had such a good soph season the year before...then only 6 points in 17 games this year before his season-ending surgery.
Same with Howard...you know the offensive upside is there but it wasn't on display much this season for a 1st round selection.

On the flipside, Steeves made up for both of them by scoring more goals than Riese Gaber...doubt many would have predicted that.

Losing Kaiser and Daschke from the back end will be big holes that they'll need to fill.

5 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Biondi was a surprise for me this season...he had such a good soph season the year before...then only 6 points in 17 games this year before his season-ending surgery.
Same with Howard...you know the offensive upside is there but it wasn't on display much this season for a 1st round selection.

On the flipside, Steeves made up for both of them by scoring more goals than Riese Gaber...doubt many would have predicted that.

Losing Kaiser and Daschke from the back end will be big holes that they'll need to fill.

I don’t even know their other defensemen’s names… :whistling: 

… I suppose I’ll have look it up next season. 

Jacob Bengtsson has entered the portal. I’m definitely not for the whole transfer game but I like winning more. He’s a bigger boys that put up solid numbers. I believe he has two years of eligibility too. May be an interesting add.

42 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Jacob Bengtsson has entered the portal. I’m definitely not for the whole transfer game but I like winning more. He’s a bigger boys that put up solid numbers. I believe he has two years of eligibility too. May be an interesting add.

Definitely Skill > what hand the player shoots with, but a lot has been made about the need for a RHD next year. I think when looking at the portal for a defenseman, I would look at that as well.

1 minute ago, AJS said:

Definitely Skill > what hand the player shoots with, but a lot has been made about the need for a RHD next year. I think when looking at the portal for a defenseman, I would look at that as well.

Agreed, i know they’ll be searching for a righty. I just think this kid may help out a team tremendously. From a depth perspective.