SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Early Departures & Portal Transfers

brianvf

On 5/2/2023 at 8:50 PM, Goon said:

He said on Twitter a few times. 

Maybe it’s because our last 2 seasons we have had older, proven goalies that were transfers instead of our own recruits? Don’t get me wrong, Wodon is definitely a tool and doesn’t like UND. But to say he’s being inflammatory with the goalie comments isn’t totally fair, given our recent history.

On 5/12/2023 at 2:12 PM, hockeytherapy13 said:

Maybe it’s because our last 2 seasons we have had older, proven goalies that were transfers instead of our own recruits? Don’t get me wrong, Wodon is definitely a tool and doesn’t like UND. But to say he’s being inflammatory with the goalie comments isn’t totally fair, given our recent history.

He's implying that we've been tampering, however. That's the only problem. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

He was a senior. Honestly thought Buffalo might let him become a free agent to get a compensatory 2nd round pick.

My bad.   TSN article makes it sound like their Calder Cup chasing AHL affiliate will get some help.  Otherwise, yeah a 2nd round draft pick seems like a good choice.

1 hour ago, SiouxFanatic said:

He was a senior. Honestly thought Buffalo might let him become a free agent to get a compensatory 2nd round pick.

Are NHL teams allowed to not sign a player they drafted (not counting situations where there’s been some sort off-ice scandal)?

• 1 month later...

Not a huge surprise but still an early departure.

Nice. They’ve lost their top 3 1st rounders—Fantilli, Hughes, and Samoskevich— but still have McGroarty and Nazar. 

Are they bringing in another arsenal of 1st rounders or is Michigan’s window on their insane recruiting pulls over the last few years starting to close?

Not a huge surprise but still an early departure.

Opens the door for Cooley to win the Hobey this upcoming season.  Unless another freshman forward, Celebrini, goes for back to back freshman Hobey winners.

4 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

That guy still around?

Was thinking the same thing.  How does a guy who has the background he does, have any snark at all, much less a social media presence.  Of course he never did have any self awareness.

11 hours ago, tnt said:

Was thinking the same thing.  How does a guy who has the background he does, have any snark at all, much less a social media presence.  Of course he never did have any self awareness.

Agree…he’s had quite the roller coaster ride.

21 hours ago, Benny Baker said:

Nice. They’ve lost their top 3 1st rounders—Fantilli, Hughes, and Samoskevich— but still have McGroarty and Nazar. 

Are they bringing in another arsenal of 1st rounders or is Michigan’s window on their insane recruiting pulls over the last few years starting to close?

Close? No way.

21 hours ago, Benny Baker said:

I can’t answer your question but what I can say is, Schlossman was on a recent podcast on College Hockey Today and he said this upcoming season, it’s not going to be a season where Michigan’s name is in lights with regards to all the high flying 1st rounders but rather Boston College. I didn’t watch the draft but I think Bc landed some pretty high draft picks.