SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

On 2/2/2024 at 8:07 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Oh great sultan of the stats, diety of the data, when's the last time UND MBB has been on a five six seven conference-game heater

Brian Shawn must read here; he gave the answer last night: 1994-95 season. 

On 10/17/2023 at 10:10 AM, HoopsFan03 said:

• Omot - should take a jump but probably will be around that 33-35% (Currently at 30%)
  • TT - is a prototypical 33-34% shooter (At 30%)
  • Treysen - a scorer that can shoot. Probably won't be over 37-38% especially with all the focus on him this year now that Norman is gone. (At 38%)
  • Brady - if he shoots 35% again this year we are all beyond ecstatic. Career 31% shooter. (At 25%)
  • Brooks - possibly a 30% shooter if he even looks to shoot them this year. (Has not looked to shoot them)
  • Eli King - hasn't played a meaningful college game yet. Wasn't a great shooter in HS. Probably around 30% this year. (At 30% currently)
  • Deng Mayar - career 19% shooter at the JUCO level.... (31% before ineligible on 16 total attempts)
  • Tyree Ihenacho (if eligible) - career 32% shooter in 3 years at the college level (At 34% currently)
  • Mara - from what I could find, shot 23% from three in his recent playing season (29% on 17 total attempts) 

Some pretty good predictions so far! We'll see how the season finishes though! 

"UND is riding a seven-game winning streak, the program's first in the Division I era. The last time that NoDak won eight straight in a season was during a ten game winning streak in the 2007-08 season. The last time UND won eight straight conference games was part of a nine game NCC winning streak in 1994-95."

"Receive live updates during all UND men's basketball games by following @UNDmbasketball on X. Fans can also follow the Fighting Hawks on Facebook and Instagram @UNDmbasketball. FightingHawks.com will have up-to-the-minute stories, stats and more."

NOTES: Fighting Hawks Host Roos, Seek Eighth Straight Win - University of North Dakota Athletics

• Like 1

Looking ahead at the remaining 5 games of the season. What’s everybody’s thoughts? What’s our record over the final 5 games? 

I wouldn’t be shocked if we go 1-4 with a win at home against USD. We do not have an easy schedule to end the season. Also wouldn’t be shocked at 3-2 with wins over DU, ORU, and USD.

38 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Looking ahead at the remaining 5 games of the season. What’s everybody’s thoughts? What’s our record over the final 5 games? 

I wouldn’t be shocked if we go 1-4 with a win at home against USD. We do not have an easy schedule to end the season. Also wouldn’t be shocked at 3-2 with wins over DU, ORU, and USD.

Right now I'd be happy with 3-2 but I think more like 1-4.  Still gun shy from previous Sather teams that always let me down. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I’m going to be optimistic and say 3-2. I agree with who you have them winning against too. 

• Upvote 1

I think the men have good chance to advance from first round but nobody this year in Summit can’t be beat teams are very close in talent and comes down to each nights performance. The women’s team will probably will not advance this year just not playing at high enough level to win a game.

22 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Just when I was getting interested in attending the tournament - would like to feel we would be playing beyond the first round both women and men. 

Yes, I was pretty hyped for the Summit Tourney as well.....until last Saturday.

On 2/12/2024 at 2:57 PM, gfhockey said:

I have a group of four including me that we’re planning on going down to until last Saturday but if they still finish top three, I still may plan to go

Last Saturday sucked but I feel like this is dramatic. 

From another thread, but appropriate here: 

12 hours ago, FSSD said:

image.png.d2a3ad3324949abfead8ce1d528e192d.png

This really feel like a race to 11 wins. 

UM-KC last four:  USD, UNO, DU and ORU.  They can make to 10-6.

UNO last four:  SDSU, ORU, UMKC, StT.  It feels like UNO ends up 8-8.

StT last five:  USD, NDSU, SDSU, UNO, DU.  This looks like 3-2 for final record of 9-7

SDSU last five:  UNO, DU, StT, UND, NDSU.  They play the top 3 schools and a tough UNO.  So, they do they go on a streak to win it - 11-5.  They lose to UND or NDSU.

NDSU last five:  DU, StT, UND, USD, SDSU.  The schedule is a little better for NDSU.  They lose to UND or SDSU.  10-6.

UND last four:  ORU, NDSU, SDSU, USD.  I for sure see 2-2 but I am calling 3-1 with a lose to NDSU or SDSU.  11-5.

UND and SDSU share the title.  St. Thomas is the wild card.  Can they beat SDSU or NDSU?