SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

2 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

This is so wild. He will be a huge boost for sure. 

Obviously there will be more information that comes out... But, how are they going to implement the policy again after the 14 day window where these guys play 2-4 games... if they play in that window and the ruling is implemented have they used their year of eligibility during that 14 day stretch???? Crazy!

17 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

So what’s the lineup assuming Tyree plays? I guess idk if he starts immediately just to get his feet back wet but would imagine he’s our starting PG. Does Eli get bumped from the starting lineup? Or does Amar? I would think Eli but idk. 

My guess is Tyree, Trey, BJ, T, Amar- Eli and Elijah off the bench with Brian and Deng playing spot minutes.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NewUndFan said:

Honestly at this point of the season I think Id rather him sit out and come back next year with 2 year left.  Finish up with the super sophomores.   We all know he wont get any of Brady's minutes.  Might as well just come back next year and not waste this one.  

Tyree and Brady's minutes don't affect one another i don't believe.

Tyree-Eli or Treysen minutes at the 1

Treysen-eli- Elijah minutes at the 2

Bj-elijah- brady (when he's back healthy... sounds like that could be awhile) at the 3

T-BJ-Deng at the 4

Amar-T-Brian at the 5

2 hours ago, NewUndFan said:

Honestly at this point of the season I think Id rather him sit out and come back next year with 2 year left.  Finish up with the super sophomores.   We all know he wont get any of Brady's minutes.  Might as well just come back next year and not waste this one.  

Brady D will still get 20+ minutes a game unfortunately. Sigh….???

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GoodGood said:

I’d rather keep Tyree in the sophomore class unless he just really wants to play. I don’t think he’s the missing piece to this team winning the summit. Bring him in next year with a shooter and a big guy and we have a really nice 2 year window

I don’t disagree but also at this point I think it’s kind of up to Tyree. Who says he wants to continue going to school for 2 more years?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I don’t disagree but also at this point I think it’s kind of up to Tyree. Who says he wants to continue going to school for 2 more years?

I know, which is why I said unless he really wants to play. If he doesn’t play this year, that’s less than 40 games in 3 years for him

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I also think we are in a world where you can’t count on anything next year. We could hold him and we could see BJ and Trey leave. Now if that happens I think this is basically a new team, coaches and all but just saying nothing is guaranteed in this day and age. 

I would be very, very, very shocked if Trey ever leaves. (Someone told me a MVC team reached out last year, but I don’t know if I trust that source). He loves ND and playing for UND. BJ would obviously be a huge loss but I still think you can easily build on 2 years of King, Trey, and Tyree (and Hurlburt, speaking that into existence). 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...