SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

image.png.8f3788eafcaae5feb7db3ec213ada792.png

This really feel like a race to 11 wins. 

UM-KC last four:  USD, UNO, DU and ORU.  They can make to 10-6.

UNO last three: ORU, UMKC, StT.  I had UNO at 8-8 previously.  I am thinking that it might be 7-9.

StT last four:  NDSU, SDSU, UNO, DU.  This looks like 3-2 for final record of 9-7.  Still sitting at 9-7 because they have xDSU on the road.

SDSU last four:  DU, StT, UND, NDSU.  They play the top 3 schools and a tough UNO.  So, do they go on a streak. - 11-5.  They lose to UND or NDSU.  No change, but they got lucky with the win on the road in OT against UNO.  UNO handed the game over.

NDSU last four:  StT, UND, USD, SDSU.  The schedule is a little better for NDSU.  They lose to UND or SDSU.  10-6.  I am shocked that NDSU lost of DU.  That lose hurts and I think 9-7 is more realistic.

UND last four:  NDSU, SDSU, USD.  I for sure see 2-2 but I am calling 3-1 with a lose to NDSU or SDSU.  11-5.  Big road sweep this weekend for UND.  NDSU is a huge game.  UND will need to be ready to play next Saturday.

UND and SDSU share the title.  St. Thomas is the wild card.  Can they beat SDSU or NDSU?  Not much of a change.  The last two weeks is going to be fun to watch.  So, many games between the top 4 schools.

• Upvote 2

Und controls its destiny if they win there next two games should have piece of conference championship and if they win next two should then win final game giving them conference title right out.  This could end up with two teams tied for second place, and four or five teams tied with record of 8-8 for third place, if things went right not more than game separating these places. Sure, going to be wild finish in the conference and the conference tournament. 

On 2/11/2024 at 3:02 PM, CMSioux said:

Just when I was getting interested in attending the tournament - would like to feel we would be playing beyond the first round both women and men. 

Back on my calendar (no haters I was there last year).

15 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Back on my calendar (no haters I was there last year).

This team is playing with a mission.  They could be playing for a championship and dancing.  However, the standing so close top 5-6 teams could win the tournament.  If I could get the time off I would attend this year potentially so many good games available.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Ever since Randall got here, the teams played a lot better and recruiting has gotten better too

Not disagreeing but who were his big pulls so far? BJ was Horstman along with Trey, I believe. Tyree is Sather. Amar is Stevens. 

Most on this site wouldn't have predicted seven wins before the season started let alone seven road wins.

Overall.  Pct.    cons.     pct.    streak.    home.  Away.      neutral

17-11     .607    9-4       .692       w2         8-4       7-7          2-0

On 2/19/2024 at 6:13 AM, Nodak78 said:

My guess Trey and BJ had major influence on Eli.

I would say Sather's biggest recruitment was Eaglestaff and he got BJ and Eli here.  The only reason Treyson came here is because of his uncle that played here.  So No extensions for Sather.  Most of our good fortune started with Treyson's commitment and it had nothing to do with Sather.  Go back and look at the video when he committed. 

• Downvote 1