SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

4 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Would think he’s just done. I guess it opens another scholarship. 

I would agree, no ties to the region and obviously can't pass school.  The JUCCO route in recruiting is a challenge.  Its frustrating when looking other rosters such as South Dakota State's roster.  All the kids on their roster other than maybe one is from the upper Midwest (ND, SD, NE and Iowa) 

6 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Great. Mayar is ineligible, we got another player trying to pay math tutors for answers to tests, a team GPA that starts with a 2, and we still can’t win basketball games. #culture 

JUCO players are hit and miss. I am more concerned with the quality of four year recruits being brought in.

Interesting stat I just saw UND is dead last in the Summit in 3point FG% with 30.0% (138-456) but is 3rd in opponent 3 point FG% with 33.2% (110-331). Not a big difference percentage wise but how much we settle for 3s vs the teams we play is crazy. Shooting about 8 more 3s than our opponents, clearly a change in our motion or even just players mindset of getting to the rim needs to happen in this second half of the season.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, McBuckets said:

I know I’ve mentioned it and others have as well but looking to push in transition or even just pushing the pace more often may help with that.

That is how we got a 17 point lead  push in transition and points in the paint.  I think the first half we shoot 48% from the field.

• Upvote 2

On 1/3/2024 at 12:25 PM, GoodGood said:

Great. Mayar is ineligible, we got another player trying to pay math tutors for answers to tests, a team GPA that starts with a 2, and we still can’t win basketball games. #culture 

:sad:

35 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

did we not go after a shooter bc sather thought/thinks brady is a knock down shooter like norman was

I'm starting to think Brady D has some dirt on Sather or something that is forcing Sather to play him and start him. 

There's two possible options:

1. Brady has dirt on Sather

2. Sather just really is that bad as a coach

I'm afraid it isn't the first option.....

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I'm starting to think Brady D has some dirt on Sather or something that is forcing Sather to play him and start him. 

There's two possible options:

1. Brady has dirt on Sather

2. Sather just really is that bad as a coach

I'm afraid it isn't the first option.....

Something just doesn't seem right about it. He should not 1) Be starting and 2) be getting all these minutes like he is? I noticed the first rotation on Saturday that they subbed three out and he wasn't one of them?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2