SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

1 minute ago, sioux24/7 said:

Gotta not have a letdown game in Verm on Thursday. Think the squad has a lot to play for with the whole Bruns think but don’t want them looking ahead to Red Panda on Saturday. 

I can't believe we actually got Red Panda! Super excited for that!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Gotta not have a letdown game in Verm on Thursday. Think the squad has a lot to play for with the whole Bruns think but don’t want them looking ahead to Red Panda on Saturday. 

Haven't been to USD's new arena. Would like to. Even my SDSU friends say how nice it is. 

1 minute ago, GoodGood said:

Haven't been to USD's new arena. Would like to. Even my SDSU friends say how nice it is. 

I’ve been once. Pretty nice. Feel like they never have a good crowd though unless SDSU is there. Verm’s a dump. 

4 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Haha word for word what my SDSU friends say 

I’m pretty jealous of it though. I like the Betty but I want that bowl setting. They also actually have courtside seating. They used to do that occasionally at the Betty, iirc. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

As of last Saturday, it was 1,114 days since UND men’s basketball had a winning record in the Summit League. Congrats to Coach Sather on breaking the streak! 

Wow! That's quite the streak!

On 1/31/2024 at 1:15 PM, GoodGood said:

As of last Saturday, it was 1,114 days since UND men’s basketball had a winning record in the Summit League. Congrats to Coach Sather on breaking the streak! 

Oh great sultan of the stats, diety of the data, when's the last time UND MBB has been on a five conference-game heater

I see UND is listed on top of the standings, even though their conference record is tied with SDSU, and SDSU won the head-to-head matchup.  Does UND own some sort of tie-breaker against SDSU that I am not aware of?  I was thinking it could just be alphabetical, but among the teams at 5-4, that doesn't hold true.

standings.png

1 minute ago, Dustin said:

I see UND is listed on top of the standings, even though their conference record is tied with SDSU, and SDSU won the head-to-head matchup.  Does UND own some sort of tie-breaker against SDSU that I am not aware of?  I was thinking it could just be alphabetical, but among the teams at 5-4, that doesn't hold true.

standings.png

I think they list it by overall record if they are tied in the conference record. 

10 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I think they list it by overall record if they are tied in the conference record. 

Ahh, ok.  That sort of makes sense, but, ultimately, if the season ended today, I'm assuming SDSU would be the #1 seed in the tournament based on a head-to-head tie breaker?  Seems like since this a CONFERENCE standings, you'd list them how they stack in the CONFERENCE.