SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

55 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Izzo votes for Treyson and Nacho for 2nd team all-conference but leaves Omot out completely??? Should be stripped from his voting rights! Andrew Morgan of NDSU is on his first team all-conference which I believe he does belong on one just not the first team (skunberg is the leading scorer).

Morgan belongs more than Skumberg. Omot being left off is a crime. I would have understood Trey not making it but not BJ. 

16 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Morgan belongs more than Skumberg. Omot being left off is a crime. I would have understood Trey not making it but not BJ. 

I would probably agree with you but the stats don't and they don't support what dizzy dizzo voted. Skumberg has more points, more rebounds, more steals, more minutes, more ect. I know its not by much but my point is Dom should not be able to vote anymore after this especially just leaving Omot out! I actually think he just forgot and doesn't want to admit how bad of a journalist he actually is. Remove him from voting!

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Poor dom

maybe he should go back out to new york

The reason he didn't vote for Omot is to help  NDSU get a better vote total.  He doesn't similar things on football polls.

40 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

I was reliably informed he would be kicked off the team for this?

Yes, he will be suspended for Summit League tournament and then removed from the team in the offseason for this irresponsible act.. it has no place on this team

20 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Yes, he will be suspended for Summit League tournament and then removed from the team in the offseason for this irresponsible act.. it has no place on this team

Actually I would be surprised if he comes back next year, as he wants to play pro ball oversees and make some money.  Kids change things in a hurry.  

5 minutes ago, FSSD said:

Thanks for posting, what a great story.  Best wishes to the Ihenachos family - a new baby is always a blessing.

Yes, awesome story! Tyree has been the absolute key to this team’s success. Can’t be easy having a child while playing a college sport, but he’s making it look easy. Glad to have him!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SD UND said:

After they win the summit tho and the first four ncaa hame

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

After they win the summit tho and the first four ncaa hame

Hame The meaning of HAME is one of two curved supports attached to the collar of a draft horse to which the traces are fastened.

I could resist. :D

4 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Yes, awesome story! Tyree has been the absolute key to this team’s success. Can’t be easy having a child while playing a college sport, but he’s making it look easy. Glad to have him!

Definitely happy to have him back at UND! Cool to see the success he is having with also being a father now

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NewUndFan said:

Is Jeremiah Sem from North still on the table ? Watching this class AA tournament and he is athletic.  Right now taking it to minot who only lost one game this year 

I believe UND has moved on. Heard he going the juco route 

2 hours ago, NewUndFan said:

Is Jeremiah Sem from North still on the table ? Watching this class AA tournament and he is athletic.  Right now taking it to minot who only lost one game this year 

Lots of baggage there!

I'll assume it's just conjecture about Omot moving on based on how we have lost players in previous year, correct. Of course it could happen but he's got close friends on the team, he's getting his share of the ball, his family is within driving distance. Of course all that could mean nothing if NIL money was involved. I met his parents last year and they said he really liked UND. Of course there was no hospitality room this year so no chance to get together with anyone from UND. The reality is he's got talent for the Summit level. Also hopefully Tyree is sharing his experience about his decision with him. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/17/2023 at 10:10 AM, HoopsFan03 said:

So exactly the point. Not a great shooting team and didn't add any good shooters. Worried teams will just pack it in on us not allowing our slashers to create off the dribble. Norman leaving is/was a huge blow to the team and the spacing that he created. He is really going to be missed. 

• Omot - should take a jump but probably will be around that 33-35% (28.2%)
  • TT - is a prototypical 33-34% shooter (32.4%)
  • Treysen - a scorer that can shoot. Probably won't be over 37-38% especially with all the focus on him this year now that Norman is gone. (38.3%)
  • Brady - if he shoots 35% again this year we are all beyond ecstatic. Career 31% shooter. (28.8%)
  • Brooks - possibly a 30% shooter if he even looks to shoot them this year. (He did not shoot them this year)
  • Eli King - hasn't played a meaningful college game yet. Wasn't a great shooter in HS. Probably around 30% this year. (35.4%)
  • Tyree Ihenacho (if eligible) - career 32% shooter in 3 years at the college level (28.8%)

This is what I'm seeing for shooting ability on the team heading into the season. Obviously, I hope I am very wrong and everyone shoots out of their mind this year!!

Not too shabby on the predictions

• Like 2