SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Eagle is our new version of Moody.  Can fill it up quickly and win games.  Has a few clunkers - who doesn't - but when he is on will bury a team like he did vs Denver.  Love that kid!

He also plays much better defense.  He gets to the rim which makes to tough match up for other teams.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

He also plays much better defense.  He gets to the rim which makes to tough match up for other teams.

He shows some flashes but his defense can kind of be like his offense sometimes and just be completely nonexistent. I’d take him over Moody any day of the week. Imagine if we got him until he’s 25 or however old Moody is!

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Hoping Denver can help UND out with a win tonight. If that happens, the Hawks control their own destiny 

I could probably dig this up myself, but if someone knows what the next tie-breaker is after head-to-head, I'd be curious knowing.

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

I could probably dig this up myself, but if someone knows what the next tie-breaker is after head-to-head, I'd be curious knowing.

If two teams are tied for first and split games then it would go to both teams record against the 3rd place team, then 4th place team and so on until one team has the better record against them

• Upvote 2

On 2/21/2024 at 7:38 AM, UND1983 said:

Eagle is our new version of Moody.  Can fill it up quickly and win games.  Has a few clunkers - who doesn't - but when he is on will bury a team like he did vs Denver.  Love that kid!

Glad he is doing well.  Knew Bob in college and glad another Eaglestaff will be representing UND.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

League title potentially on the line this week! Couldn’t ask for more. Go win it! 

Not where I thought we would be heading into the last week of the season but hopefully we can finish with that top 2 seed!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, goyotes said:

Not likely to happen and assuming the Tommies beat Denver, but if UND & NDSU both lose this Saturday they will match up in the 4-5 game at the SLT.

Really not that far fetched. That would be less than ideal!

3 minutes ago, Kab said:

KC has the tie breaker for 2nd?

If I’m understanding the tie-breakers correctly, yes. 1st tie breaker is H2H, which we split. 2nd is record against the best team and they split with SDSU. 

Izzo votes for Treyson and Nacho for 2nd team all-conference but leaves Omot out completely??? Should be stripped from his voting rights! Andrew Morgan of NDSU is on his first team all-conference which I believe he does belong on one just not the first team (skunberg is the leading scorer).