SiouxSports.com Forum

Lindenwood @ UND - Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

Nothing to see here , everything’s fine. No problems with this team. Wash, rinse repeat. I believe this team has talent and we know it can play okay defense because these same players did last year so it has to be mental. Watching games closer the d spend alot of time deep in the offensive zone especially 2, 4 and 7.  Teams that struggle with goals against should play D first from the back. 
note, McLaughlin cannot seem to buy a goal. 

8 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

Exactly, everyone seems to be happy because we are 16th in the pairwise. Well guess what, 16th doesn’t do us any good. This team needs to play like every single game is an elimination game. 

Take a chill pill bud. Of course 16 doesn’t do us any good right now but it’s a hell of a lot better than being in the 20’s where they had been for quite some time. If they can somehow win 3 of the next 4 then they are truly back in it 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Ok.

Apparently, he's not familiar with Lindenwood. They're not an easy, or a give me win. They played the top teams pretty tough. I predict they're going to be good sooner than later. They played Denver, Michigan, Minnesota, and now North Dakota very close in a game or two. They did this during their first year and playing only two games at home. Their goalie Trent Burnham stood on his head all weekend long. It could've been a lot worse for them without him. One could argue that the transfer portal gives teams a better chance of improving and evening the playing field. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Goon said:

Apparently, he's not familiar with Lindenwood. They're not an easy, or a give me win. They played the top teams pretty tough. I predict they're going to be good sooner than later. They played Denver, Michigan, Minnesota, and now North Dakota very close in a game or two. They did this during their first year and playing only two games at home. One could argue that the transfer portal give teams a better chance of improving and evening the playing field. 

If North Dakota played UW-River Falls and eked out a 1 goal win, Goon would find a way to draw comparisons between the D3 Falcons and the 1994 New York Rangers…

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Need to drink the koolaid to keep the press pass. 

Really, it's not about drinking the kool aid. Yuck, I hate Kool Aid. Anyone, including me can read a schedule and a post-game report. Did you look who was coaching the other team? Frankly, there are a lot more pressing things in life than freaking out about a hockey game from period-to-period. I am much more upset with the current state of the Men's Basketball team than I am about the hockey team. I am not sure what you want the media to do? No one in the local media is throwing up softballs for them to hit. 

56 minutes ago, Goon said:

Apparently, he's not familiar with Lindenwood. They're not an easy, or a give me win. They played the top teams pretty tough. I predict they're going to be good sooner than later. They played Denver, Michigan, Minnesota, and now North Dakota very close in a game or two. They did this during their first year and playing only two games at home. Their goalie Trent Burnham stood on his head all weekend long. It could've been a lot worse for them without him. One could argue that the transfer portal gives teams a better chance of improving and evening the playing field. 

Now we are back to the "Hot Goalie" excuse.  

17 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

If North Dakota played UW-River Falls and eked out a 1 goal win, Goon would find a way to draw comparisons between the D3 Falcons and the 1994 New York Rangers…

Goon isn't allowed to make any negative remarks about the UND hockey program.

18 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

1994 Rangers?  Isn’t there some Russian team you could use instead?;)

Survived a dangerous weekend with nothing to gain and everything to lose. Honestly not much that good that I take from this weekend. Strinden is really playing well and solidifying a role going forward. Would also like to Costantini stick in the lineup seems like he has been in and out every other game.

11 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

Exactly, everyone seems to be happy because we are 16th in the pairwise. Well guess what, 16th doesn’t do us any good. This team needs to play like every single game is an elimination game. 

What catches my attention is the huge fluctuation from week to week.  Western Michigan was behind us a few weeks ago, and now they are at 12.   Everything is ahead of us, just need to string a few wins together against the higher ranked teams and they can move up.  The fact that we moved up, despite playing #56, bodes well if we can indeed string some wins together against the higher pairwise teams.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Right now I miss Blais: If it was the choice between an upper classman and a youngin’ playing at the same performance level, he’d go young.

Last three game we got more out of 18 and 20 and 21 than most of the 4th and 5th year guys at forward. 

Agree 100%

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Blackheart said:

1994 Rangers?  Isn’t there some Russian team you could use instead?;)

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Er, um, I meant the 1972 Soviet Union team…

52 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Right now I miss Blais: If it was the choice between an upper classman and a youngin’ playing at the same performance level, he’d go young.

Last three game we got more out of 18 and 20 and 21 than most of the 4th and 5th year guys at forward. 

Haven't you often said it's an upper classman's game, Sic?

58 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

21 was UND's best forward this weekend. 20 was really good too.

18 needs to play.....too talented to sit.

Get 10 on a different line. 

• Like 1