SiouxSports.com Forum

Lindenwood @ UND - Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

Helly played just under 55 min and saw 8 shots, 2 from neutral ice, but made all the saves. I'd like to see DeRidder get back in there because I do believe he's the better option, but the hook has to be quick if he starts like he did last night. 

Any chance we see Cheese? 

I'm betting the Swede is in again tonight.

Not going to lie, if I'm UND I bring in another goalie besides Hedquist next year.  Anybody confident in the Swede, Hedquist, and Cheesy???  I dive in the portal again and find a guy with some experience.  Have to work around scholarship dollars obviously. 

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm betting the Swede is in again tonight.

Not going to lie, if I'm UND I bring in another goalie besides Hedquist next year.  Anybody confident in the Swede, Hedquist, and Cheesy???  I dive in the portal again and find a guy with some experience.  Have to work around scholarship dollars obviously. 

My Prediction: We will probably see another portal pickup and probably another goaltender recruit. I haven't seen anything that suggest that Hellstein is a Division I goalie. Also, Hedquist's numbers are not good. He's 11-10-1, 3.24 goals against average and .901 save percentage. UND is ranked 61st in SV%

goalies.PNG

No Moore.
Johnson & Kunz sit both games this weekend.
I feel bad for Matteo...kid had such a strong frosh season and has shown flashes of regaining that form recently.

Hoping none of these guys jump ship into the portal, as I could see all of them being valuable assets to the team in future years.

9 minutes ago, brianvf said:

No Moore.
Johnson & Kunz sit both games this weekend.
I feel bad for Matteo...kid had such a strong frosh season and has shown flashes of regaining that form recently.

Hoping none of these guys jump ship into the portal, as I could see all of them being valuable assets to the team in future years.

Too much stock in a few older players with marginal nightly upside as proven for seasons at the expense of younger higher ceiling players who are in suits too often.

#grindaz

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Too much stock in a few older players with marginal nightly upside as proven for seasons at the expense of younger higher ceiling players who are in suits too often.

#grindaz

Who should Matteo be in for? The margins are so close. 

33 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Johnson , Kunz and Mateo could all go portal. 

Unless the coaches are keeping an open conversation with them on the players that are for sure leaving and potentially leaving for next season.
Even if no players leave early for the pros, there are still enough seniors and grad transfers on the team that lineup spots will be for sure open for next season.

We'll see what happens.