SiouxSports.com Forum

Lindenwood @ UND - Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

What time does the ticker tape parade over a nail-biter sweep over the #55 team in the country start tomorrow?

Its right after the parade for the basketball team, who almost won twice this weekend.   That one, to be fair, is really a fund raiser for new Summit League referees; they are trying to hire Don Adam I hear.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

What time does the ticker tape parade for a nail-biter sweep over the #55 team in the country start tomorrow?

There is PLENTY of cause for concern with this year’s team.  Thankful for a sweep, but yikes. 

You should be ecstatic over this weekend's results.
Only once (out of 12 chances) did UND give up a goal in the first 2min or the last 2min of the period. 
And they got it out of the way right away (1st period Friday).  :D 

Concern?  Sure, but only because there's still work to be done in the PWR (and the NCHC standings).
But the team has had better results recently.  Hopefully they turned a corner with the wins at WMU and can back that up with some more points this upcoming weekend.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

My goodness. Team was persistent all weekend and battled. Controlled play. Can we just have a little credit? On what planet was this weekend like we got swept?? Lol

We are a team that needs every win possible to make the tourney.  Absolutely no excuse for coming out like we did for both first periods.  None.  There is something missing from this team (besides a goalie).

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, tnt said:

Agree, but when your backs are against the wall, you would hope that you don’t have to be shocked into playing.  When they speak of culture in the UND program, it isn’t “we play when we have to, or when we want to”, it has been in the past that the work ethic and readiness to play has been there most of the time.  

I'd argue they were ready to play tonight. Still fell behind. I think "the culture" more presented itself in continuing to battle and win the game. 

My commentary was moreso just about the desire to criticize before a game is over. This weekend was frustrating, but overall, a pretty solid performance, IMO. Did I want them to win both games 7-0? Yes, but we won and earned those wins with pretty good play overall.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Irish said:

We are a team that needs every win possible to make the tourney.  Absolutely no excuse for coming out like we did for both first periods.  None.  There is something missing from this team (besides a goalie).

I will say, they came out better tonight, just couldn’t convert on their early chances, but seeing how they dominated both nights when they had to, makes you wonder where that urgency is at other times.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Irish said:

Like I said in the post, there was no excuse for the flat start to Friday and to get down tonight. LU played with their hair on fire early both games. I'm choosing to love what they did for a massive majority of the weekend and know they need to start better moving forward. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

What time does the ticker tape parade for a nail-biter sweep over the #55 team in the country start tomorrow?

There is PLENTY of cause for concern with this year’s team.  Thankful for a sweep, but yikes. 

I get what you're saying, man. However, we got the job done and what I said was nothing more than a fun shot at the immediate overreaction of the games as they went on. I see nothing wrong celebrating this weekend. It's another stepping stone as we move forward and an important one, too. We won two must haves. 

It's not a comment that this team is done with the work. Again, it was light-hearted shot at the overreaction of the board during the game. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, tnt said:

I will say, they came out better tonight, just couldn’t convert on their early chances, but seeing how they dominated both nights when they had to, makes you wonder where that urgency is at other times.

This ^^^ 

We're a damn good team when we play with that urgency. Gotta have it. They know it, too. Just gotta do it!

1 hour ago, Irish said:

I am stunned at our goalie situation - we have among the worst goalie stats in the nation.  Absolutely no way this should ever happen to our program. 

Agreed. Need a good recruit or two ASAP. Portal will be our likely choice next season. Maybe a tendy with more than one year left. Otherwise, we convince Zombo to leave their sophomore tendy in GF when they leave town ;)

I'm hoping and praying Perrson will finally leave Oxboro. He'd look lovely in green, white, and black!

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Agreed. Need a good recruit or two ASAP. Portal will be our likely choice next season. Maybe a tendy with more than one year left. Otherwise, we convince Zombo to leave their sophomore tendy in GF when they leave town ;)

I'm hoping and praying Perrson will finally leave Oxboro. He'd look lovely in green, white, and black!

Now that'd be a nice pickup. 
Agreed that they're probably going the portal route again.  I feel it'd be different if Hellsten had solidified his position already, then they might not feel as hesitant just bringing in Hedquist alone.

5 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Now that'd be a nice pickup. 
Agreed that they're probably going the portal route again.  I feel it'd be different if Hellsten had solidified his position already, then they might not feel as hesitant just bringing in Hedquist alone.

Yeah, I'm still not sure Helly is the guy. I hope he gets there. DeRidder is still our best option, IMO. 

Perrson would be huge for us. But, that's for later 

12 minutes ago, jk said:

I felt they played hard and dominated for most of the weekend.  Not all of it, but some of that might come down to there being another team on the ice, one that also, you know, wants to win.  

Tonight may have gone differently if UND had punched a few in in the first ten minutes or so when they were flying.  Unfortunately they didn't.  

In the end, they avoided a Canisius repeat.  They did it the hard way, but the result was all that really matters.

Well said, all around.

55 minutes ago, brianvf said:

You should be ecstatic over this weekend's results.
Only once (out of 12 chances) did UND give up a goal in the first 2min or the last 2min of the period. 
And they got it out of the way right away (1st period Friday).  :D 

I am shocked that it’s happened 17 times this season…

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Hahahahaha. I've enjoyed the thread these two games. Meltdown for roughly 4 pages, then when UND came back, the biggest meltdowners... crickets. 

Morale of this weekend on siouxsports.com... wait until the game is over haha.

I’m glad you enjoyed it but the fact remains, this team isn’t good. im glade they got the sweep but it shouldn’t have been as close as it was. This team plays sloppy and great teams are going to expose it.

34 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Was only able to watch the first period, for a first year team they are no joke. Coming out flat is the story of our year though. The lack of urgency is puzzling; we are on the outside looking in with very little margin for error.

Exactly, everyone seems to be happy because we are 16th in the pairwise. Well guess what, 16th doesn’t do us any good. This team needs to play like every single game is an elimination game. 

7 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

Exactly, everyone seems to be happy because we are 16th in the pairwise. Well guess what, 16th doesn’t do us any good. This team needs to play like every single game is an elimination game. 

We’re happy because they were #23 just a couple weeks ago. #16 doesn’t do us any good (for now), but they appear to be trending in the right direction the last few games. And that should be reason for some optimism. 
Or not, whatever you want. ;)

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, brianvf said:

We’re happy because they were #23 just a couple weeks ago. #16 doesn’t do us any good (for now), but they appear to be trending in the right direction the last few games. And that should be reason for some optimism. 
Or not, whatever you want. ;)

You beat me to it.