SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Sit him for the next two games. Note to everyone. Don’t try a spin move in traffic with a guy on your back.

You should explain to him what he should’ve done since you seem to be a expert at running the ball! How about the fact that the players were wearing cleats instead of Turf shoes? Maybe that had something to do with it? I’ll ask you since your the expert.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UNDTIM20 said:

You should explain to him what he should’ve done since you seem to be a expert at running the ball! How about the fact that the players were wearing cleats instead of Turf shoes? Maybe that had something to do with it? I’ll ask you since your the expert.

Never doubt twinkle toes. He knows ball 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, UNDTIM20 said:

You should explain to him what he should’ve done since you seem to be an expert at running the ball! How about the fact that the players were wearing cleats instead of Turf shoes? Maybe that had something to do with it? I’ll ask you since you’re the expert.

Thanks for your contribution. Anything to offer other than your insecurity?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNDTIM20 said:

The carpet in the UNIDome is the same as in the DakotaDome so some expert here please share their source on "wearing the wrong shoes".  We've played in the DakotaDome several times in the past few years. 

21 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

The carpet in the UNIDome is the same as in the DakotaDome so some expert here please share their source on "wearing the wrong shoes".  We've played in the DakotaDome several times in the past few years. 

Not a cleat or turf expert but I did notice a couple of UNI guys wearing the old turf shoes rather than cleats. No idea if that was team wide or a select few. 

6 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Not a cleat or turf expert but I did notice a couple of UNI guys wearing the old turf shoes rather than cleats. No idea if that was team wide or a select few. 

Many teams wear turf shoes at UNI and some even at USD. It’s not a new thing either. The staff has experience from playing there with SIU.

14 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Many teams wear turf shoes at UNI and some even at USD. It’s not a new thing either. The staff has experience from playing there with SIU.

So UNI was wearing turf shoes and we were wearing cleats? Only person I noticed was Tommy wearing his usual all blacks on the road. 

9 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

So UNI was wearing turf shoes and we were wearing cleats? Only person I noticed was Tommy wearing his usual all blacks on the road. 

Correct. We looked like we were on skates. Now that you are aware of this, go back and watch again. Out staff was not prepared for this and should have been. That is not acceptable at this level. 

I am surprised @geaux_sioux wasn’t all over this already. 

10 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

It wasn’t 100%, looked like some of their guys had cleats on too but we had a lot of, probably most, guys in cleats.

Looks like almost nobody for Weber wore cleats fwiw, and I know I’ve seen NDSU with turf shoes on in that building instead of cleats.

29 minutes ago, UNDTIM20 said:

Correct. We looked like we were on skates. Now that you are aware of this, go back and watch again. Out staff was not prepared for this and should have been. That is not acceptable at this level. 

I am surprised @geaux_sioux wasn’t all over this already. 

23 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

It wasn’t 100%, looked like some of their guys had cleats on too but we had a lot of, probably most, guys in cleats.

Looks like almost nobody for Weber wore cleats fwiw, and I know I’ve seen NDSU with turf shoes on in that building instead of cleats.

Wow that is pretty disappointing to hear. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I’ll trust @geaux_sioux football knowledge over most. He used to have a corner on the market. 

Ok, but this shoe/cleat conspiracy is about 5% of the issue tops. Cleats caused the early fumble? Cleats caused the missed field goal before half? Cleats caused the UND defense to make a former UNI defensive player look like an all-American running back? Cleats didn’t allow UND to block and run the football? Yeah, not buying it, but sure sounds good for those with gullible ears. 

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Ok, but this shoe/cleat conspiracy is about 5% of the issue tops. Cleats caused the early fumble? Cleats caused the missed field goal before half? Cleats caused the UND defense to make a former UNI defensive player look like an all-American running back? Cleats didn’t allow UND to block and run the football? Yeah, not buying it, but sure sounds good for those with gullible ears. 

FWIW their best defensive player wore cleats and wasn’t the only guy. I do think it was a big mistake by us but didn’t account for the clear lack of fire. We laid down and it wasn’t because of the cleats.

• Upvote 4