SiouxSports.com Forum

Wilbur

4 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

There’s always exceptions, but as a whole, the “gray hairs” aren’t doing enough. So, yes, fair criticism is warranted. By fair, I mean UND’s lack of compete ascension is certainly not entirely due to the gray hairs. There’s internal misdirection to thank for some of the issues. 

Well what a surprise. It seems you always find someone to blame. Now you have labeled a group based on the color of their hair, characterized them as “stagnant “ blamed them for “conservatism” and based on hair color they are responsible for “UND’s lack of complete ascension” (though not entirely “).  Of course as a board member of a multi million dollar business, and with your vast. experience having taken over failed businesses and turned them into Fortune 500 giants, all the time coaching 3 college sports to Championships you would know this. What about the red heads?  Are they also a big part of the problem?  I am curious as to what other than agree with your constant negative comments and firing everyone you want the gray hairs to do.  How about the ones with big noses?  Better yet big yabbas?  
I doubt you have the ability to understand how stupid your recent posts are. Most can understand why you want a coaching change whether they agree or not. This recent post tells a lot about where you are coming from. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Well what a surprise. It seems you always find someone to blame. Now you have labeled a group based on the color of their hair, characterized them as “stagnant “ blamed them for “conservatism” and based on hair color they are responsible for “UND’s lack of complete ascension” (though not entirely “).  Of course as a board member of a multi million dollar business, and with your vast. experience having taken over failed businesses and turned them into Fortune 500 giants, all the time coaching 3 college sports to Championships you would know this. What about the red heads?  Are they also a big part of the problem?  I am curious as to what other than agree with your constant negative comments and firing everyone you want the gray hairs to do.  How about the ones with big noses?  Better yet big yabbas?  
I doubt you have the ability to understand how stupid your recent posts are. Most can understand why you want a coaching change whether they agree or not. This recent post tells a lot about where you are coming from. 

Once again, assumptions of my personal accomplishments and resume are the focus of your post. I’m unaware of what I’m unaware, apparently. Unknown unknowns. Okay, Donald Rumsfeld. 

Ridiculous. I’m not going there… again.
This isn’t about me or any individual person, other than maybe those employed by UND. 

Furthermore, there are several issues, and conservatism and stagnancy is part of it. Using the term “gray hairs”, which I just carried forward on this forum, apparently upset you. Don’t excessively focus on that. No individual (other than maybe coaches) is being singled out (or at least I’m not doing that, you are though). This is an overall group/institution issue, and there’s no easy fixes given the hole, but ultimately there are fixes. 

• Like 1

As we all know, it almost always comes down to the play of the lines. I once read that the worst thing to use to predict a football game is the team's previous game. Scoring 66 on a Big Sky team is predictable, giving up 63 tells me that the bizon roll (as much as I hate to say it). 

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

One Fargo radio station this morning was saying NDSU should be doing the $5 ticket thing based on what they'd heard about presales and I94 and I29 being closed. 

They should, but I think the NCAA sets the prices, or am I wrong there? Also, you would think there would be limited students as well. 

4 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

SW you are not alone.  UIW is a scoring machine.  If they get a good lead the Bison may not be able to catch up.

Keep in mind that in listening to Stone call the UND game this year he believes that S.I.U has about 15-17 guys who will be playing on Sundays or at The Next Level.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Keep in mind that in listening to Stone call the UND game this year he believes that S.I.U has about 15-17 guys who will be playing on Sundays or at The Next Level.

Stone is an Egyptian Dog for sure.  UIW and Bison have a common opponent SIU.

All highways in North Dakota (as of 9am) are either "no travel advised" or closed.  Weather along with this game being on a Friday night is going to drastically affect attendance.  Crowd noise has always been a huge factor in the Bisons home field advantage.  To be honest, I don't see how they get over 12K.  Now, the fans that are there will still be loud.  But, it will not be the semifinal amped up home crwod Bison fans are used to.

5 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Once again, assumptions of my personal accomplishments and resume are the focus of your post. I’m unaware of what I’m unaware, apparently. Unknown unknowns. Okay, Donald Rumsfeld. 

Ridiculous. I’m not going there… again.
This isn’t about me or any individual person, other than maybe those employed by UND. 

Furthermore, there are several issues, and conservatism and stagnancy is part of it. Using the term “gray hairs”, which I just carried forward on this forum, apparently upset you. Don’t excessively focus on that. No individual (other than maybe coaches) is being singled out (or at least I’m not doing that, you are though). This is an overall group/institution issue, and there’s no easy fixes given the hole, but ultimately there are fixes. 

You missed my point. Your criticism and characterizations of an entire group of people based on a physical attribute is ridiculous. That group may also have business and leadership experiences that others don’t have. I “assumed” because of your constant criticism of anyone who doesn’t agree with your opinions and solutions you must have extensive experience in those areas. I now assume I was wrong. My point is that many of the “gray hairs” you criticize may have experience with problem solving, building successful programs, dealing with failures etc. Those experiences may be valuable in trying to solve these issues. Many young people already have those experiences and are also needed to solve our issues. We won’t move forward as quickly if we leave people out of the equation. That includes young and old, dyed hair, gray hair or no hair, those with financial resources to donate and those who may not have financial resources but have the time and the energy to be part of the solution. For what it’s worth there isn’t anything you say or do that upsets me. Your posts are entertaining and I don’t mind “pulling your chain” and the seeing your responses. (I got a kick  out of the Rumsfeld comment). I hope you and your loved ones all have a Merry Christmas and Happy and healthy New Year. Go Hawks. 

3 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

All highways in North Dakota (as of 9am) are either "no travel advised" or closed.  Weather along with this game being on a Friday night is going to drastically affect attendance.  Crowd noise has always been a huge factor in the Bisons home field advantage.  To be honest, I don't see how they get over 12K.  Now, the fans that are there will still be loud.  But, it will not be the semifinal amped up home crwod Bison fans are used to.

What is the average crowd size for SU during a playoff.

2 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

What is the average crowd size for SU during a playoff.

I posted attendance figures a few days ago.  Typically it has been close to a sellout, but numbers have been dropping the last few years.  This year, they have failed to get to 13K for a playoff game.  

2022 2nd Round 12,929
  Quarterfinal 11.825

2021 2nd Round 12,557
  Quarterfinal 11,794
  Semifinal 16,550

2020 Quarterfinal 3587 *COVID*

2019 2nd Round 15,690
  Quarterfinal 18,077
  Semifinal 17,866

18 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Sorry been a busy week at work so I missed a couple days here.

First...I started the term gray hairs...I'll own it and I'll double down on it.  Look at the average lower level seat holder between the 40s...it's not a young bunch.  That's not abnormal...older folks have more $$$ to shell out.  If you took offense to the term, well sorry I guess.  I didn't mean it in a derogatory sense.

Second...The core UND folks get so damned defensive about anything critical it drives me nuts.  In my line of work, if my company was happy with the status quo we would get buried eventually over time by competitors who are bigger, better, and richer than we are.  Many of my coworkers are ok with that.  Well ya know what?  I AM NOT!  I don't understand why it's so damned vilified on a message board of all places to question why we can't do better?!?

I don't always agree with UND-FB-FAN on many things, but I think him and I are on the same page here.  I think what's worse than the shortcomings is the apathy that gets displayed from many of the "Pledge Your Loyalty 100% of the time" folks.  I will tell you this, I'm not rich, but I was donating $2500 per year plus my season tickets on an annual basis.  I discontinued this year.  Multiple hour road trips just aren't worth it for me to follow this team the way it's currently run.  It's easy enough for me to buy single game tickets, and I actually made it to all but two home games this year.  Flame me for my lack of loyalty if you want, but people vote with their feet.  I figure if I decide to get back in, I won't have any problem buying season tickets again given the apathy that's set in both at UND and nationwide.

Do I have some ideas?  Perhaps...but that's not my job.  There are people in administration that are in charge of those types of things...and I'd like to see them earn their paycheck every once in awhile.  Maybe this is what's best for UND sports, and if it is I won't question it.  But as a consumer it's not a product I feel the need to consume at a high dollar amount.  

On 12/14/2022 at 4:01 PM, Shawn-O said:

Kennedy tried to step in on this, look where it got him.  

Kennedy was a goofy freaking dude...but as time goes on his legacy at UND will be more and more positive.  At least he had some stones on him...in the end he got chased out of town for it.  But sometimes what is best isn't what is popular.  I think we see that a lot at UND...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UND08 said:

Kennedy was a goofy freaking dude...but as time goes on his legacy at UND will be more and more positive.  At least he had some stones on him...in the end he got chased out of town for it.  But sometimes what is best isn't what is popular.  I think we see that a lot at UND...

Kennedy was forced out at Colorado, so he was exposed as the bumbling incompetent that he was at UND