SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Northern Arizona 9/17/22

SiouxFan100

1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

Not content. Just not hopelessly infatuated with the idea that we are an abysmal failure. We all want more. We just don’t want to live in complete misery all the time and not take brief moments along the way to enjoy a bit of positivity.  I am going to savor this win for 24 hours and then move on. Survive and advance. God, knows we will be reminded all week how SIU is all-world in every category and how we don’t even belong in any discussion with them….until we beat them, and then they all of a sudden will become horse crap. We seem to have this amazing dynamic on all teams we beat.

I agree - it’s not healthy to be an extremist; don’t split. So, don’t split.

UND is far from the worst team in the county, but they also have a lot yet to prove. They are barely a top 25 team at this point, but there will be plenty of good teams ahead for UND to show their true colors.

In fact, UND’s next two opponents look quite good (@ Southern Illinois, vs Missouri State).

13 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

tommy was 5-5 for 75 against a prevent defense and you know what they say about prevent defenses....

so we're 2-1 with wins against a winless uni and a one win crappy big sky loser nau and a loss to a bad bad nebraska team....

i think what a lot of people on here want to see is for us to play a "clean" game and not have these moments where say WTF Bubba (the FG)....WTF Kappenun...turn your head ...make a play.....the penalties the head scratchers....bad bad 3 and outs when you really need to put some points on the board.

AND NOT rely on damn trick plays to win games (fun when they work but stupid when they cost you a playoff game (richmond)...two on the last series...yes they worked but at this point in Bubba's tenure i would love to be able to control the line of scrimmage and push a soft big fluffy team around the field and win like we know what we are doing...

nice throw by tommy two gloves on the flea flicker...he had a narrowing window to get that ball there and he hit him right in the numbers...nice

Man you are such a loser. You're lucky that @UND-FB-FAN is on here or else you'd be the biggest clown. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

When you lose it doesn’t matter you did some good things cause you lost

When you win it doesn’t matter you did some bad things because you won - wait - what?

everyone knows there are some shortcomings and things to work on but only most admit we did good things and like the direction 

that all said I feel everyone here wants our teams to succeed 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

Man you are such a loser. You're lucky that @UND-FB-FAN is on here or else you'd be the biggest clown. 

how long u been watching und football...there are guys on here that expect UND football to look like they belong...if you've only watched muss and bubba you might not remember that we used to win more than 50% of our games..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

And honestly I don't feel great about next week's game at SIU.  So honestly I have a lot of the same thoughts as you, but your attitude is just complete horses**t 99% of the time and it gets so damn old

So you agree with my thoughts, but my attitude hurts you? On an online forum? 

My God society has gone soft. Grow up.

If you don’t want to hear criticism, stick to just reading the UND athletics website. Reality is there is always good with the bad, or bad with the good. 

• Upvote 2

Sioux fan 97 I have been a fan of UND football for long time and can remember when we were at very top of football but also when we were very bottom. The Pat Burns era 

was very bottom for UND football where we weren't even competitive. Then came Roger Thomas era where it took nearly decade to get to times you remember. This wasn't done over night but took years to reach that level where they were dominant and the people on this sight today would have wanted to change coaches numerous times.  It takes time to build a program here to build relationships in the area to recruit top talent and people that want to come here and build a program. The people that have been here as coaches and present coach have done alot in doing this by promoting the facilities we have and ones were working on to get built at UND.  This has been done when our college hockey team has sucked up much attention of und fans and supporters. Then not to mention how SU south has built program to suck most attention for most of the upper Midwest. I see a program that is getting better and we have made playoffs several times and last time two years ago we won playoff game and were competitive but lacked depth in personnel to make a deep run in the playoffs. These are things that i see improvement in now with this team now and the future.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

Sioux fan 97 I have been a fan of UND football for long time and can remember when we were at very top of football but also when we were very bottom. The Pat Burns era 

was very bottom for UND football where we weren't even competitive. Then came Roger Thomas era where it took nearly decade to get to times you remember. This wasn't done over night but took years to reach that level where they were dominant and the people on this sight today would have wanted to change coaches numerous times.  It takes time to build a program here to build relationships in the area to recruit top talent and people that want to come here and build a program. The people that have been here as coaches and present coach have done alot in doing this by promoting the facilities we have and ones were working on to get built at UND.  This has been done when our college hockey team has sucked up much attention of und fans and supporters. Then not to mention how SU south has built program to suck most attention for most of the upper Midwest. I see a program that is getting better and we have made playoffs several times and last time two years ago we won playoff game and were competitive but lacked depth in personnel to make a deep run in the playoffs. These are things that i see improvement in now with this team now and the future.

More than one way to do things. 

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

So you agree with my thoughts, but my attitude hurts you? On an online forum? 

My God society has gone soft. Grow up.

If you don’t want to hear criticism, stick to just reading the UND athletics website. Reality is there is always good with the bad, or bad with the good. 

Yeah, I do actually agree with you on some things....some times.   I am totally ok hearing criticism/negative comments, and even hearing them....4...5...6 times...but hearing the same basic comment the 50th time since Fall Camp just gets old.  You can spare me the soft comments though coach, your comments did not hurt me at all, the repetitiveness of them  just nauseate me after a while sometimes, there is a big difference between the two.

• Upvote 2