SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Northern Arizona 9/17/22

SiouxFan100

5 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

With an absolutely crazy weekend of youth sports, I haven't had a chance to give my thoughts, other than a few frustrations early in the game yesterday.

I said it last week and I will say it again; this is a game we lose last year. Last year we had one score losses, this season we have 2 one score wins. That is progress folks!

This was ugly for the majority of the game. Just UGLY! BUT...... we won! Thats what matters.

Not only did we win, but we won on the road. Take this into next week! Big showdown at SIU. You could say they will have confidence. You could say this could be a trap game for them given the big time win. I could care less what it is; I just want to see us play our game and get a W. The next two weeks are huge for our season and UND needs to make progress each week (ahem ... secondary).

Siegel made a nice play, but I thought I saw him miss on a few plays too.

D line needs to get more pressure this week.

Would love to see Danny get to open up the playbook a little earlier. Trick plays can't happen all game, but let's not wait until the very end of the game to light some fireworks.

Congrats to @Wright4UND and family on Jack's TD ... it was a big one! Way to go there!

Bo is such a stud, and what and all out effort to get in the end zone. This is not a slight to the Bison and I don't need stupid responses but given who his dad is and that they could have likely had him in Fargo, they have to be wishing they had offered the kid. Congrats to Bo and just being a dude! Keep it up!

Keep it goin boys! Also prop to Danny for some of those calls and to Bubba for giving him the flexibility!

Great Post.

12 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

So you agree with my thoughts, but my attitude hurts you? On an online forum? 

My God society has gone soft. Grow up.

If you don’t want to hear criticism, stick to just reading the UND athletics website. Reality is there is always good with the bad, or bad with the good. 

So you are allowed your opinion, but anyone who engages to disagree with you with their own opinion is open to criticism from you? You can't have it both ways.  

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

To me this was a great early season win:

- road
- gut check come back
- lots of "talking points" for coaches this week to keep focus

Yes.  In some ways it was a "perfect" win.  Came through in the clutch both offensively and defensively when the game was on the line, and on the road, to boot.  BUUUUT, so many lessons to be learned as to why we shouldn't be in that position in the first place.

We won by 2 against UNI, 3 against NAU, so I am going to say we keep pace with the improvements and win by 4 over SIU;)

• Upvote 1

On 9/18/2022 at 7:42 AM, UND-FB-FAN said:

Tremendous individual effort on that play and he deserves all the credit.

What yesterday’s win showed me - as well as the entire season thus far - is that UND needs to keep giving the ball to Bo Belquist and Tyler Hoosman. Those two players just make plays with the ball in their hands.

Any way they can convice Siegel to switch over to offense?!! :D

• Upvote 1