SiouxSports.com Forum

Potato Bowl 2022

shep

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

Guess that is probably why Klein didn't see the field at all last week, was thinking maybe he was dinged up....but I didn't recall hearing he was before last weeks game.  Hopefully Bryant and Fort will be back soon, well all of the guys....but those two would be the most important. 

Amazing how guys can get dinged up in practice and then be willing to sit out a game over it.  Almost incomprehensible.  :huh:

2 hours ago, UND08 said:

I don't think you and I have ever agreed on this much concerning UND football...ever!  Haha...

Agree on Skokna and I'm not dogging him at all as a person...he's a solid special teams asset (a role that is losing value due to rule changes and emphasis)..but we seem to have others that can fill his role (Red Wilson...also where has Creighton Mitchell gone?).  I just never saw Skokna take that next step as a player over the course of his career here...

Thought I read/heard that Mitchell's injury didn't heal correctly and he had to have another surgery or something. Not sure if he will play at all this year or not. I would assume he would be eligible for a medical redshirt, but who knows. 

Skokna is good in certain areas, but I'm not sure he has ever been used in a way that is totally effective. Seems like the kind of guy you need to adjust your scheme for rather than asking him to fit into your scheme. At least that is my very amateur take on it.

Also agree Red Wilson can probably fill this role and do it better. That isn't a knock on Skokna, I just this Wilson is going to be a dude.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Thought I read/heard that Mitchell's injury didn't heal correctly and he had to have another surgery or something. Not sure if he will play at all this year or not. I would assume he would be eligible for a medical redshirt, but who knows. 

Skokna is good in certain areas, but I'm not sure he has ever been used in a way that is totally effective. Seems like the kind of guy you need to adjust your scheme for rather than asking him to fit into your scheme. At least that is my very amateur take on it.

Also agree Red Wilson can probably fill this role and do it better. That isn't a knock on Skokna, I just this Wilson is going to be a dude.

Agree...I think Skokna is a model teammate and by all accounts an asset to the team...but more depth equals more competition and the cream rises to the top.  It used to be we seemed to prioritize experience to the point it would have taken us 6 weeks to work Red Wilson into the lineup...seems to me that maybe that's gone by the wayside a bit, which would be a good thing in my book!  Get your best players on the field...

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, UND08 said:

I don't think you and I have ever agreed on this much concerning UND football...ever!  Haha...

Agree on Skokna and I'm not dogging him at all as a person...he's a solid special teams asset (a role that is losing value due to rule changes and emphasis)..but we seem to have others that can fill his role (Red Wilson...also where has Creighton Mitchell gone?).  I just never saw Skokna take that next step as a player over the course of his career here...

I agree with all of this including the part about agreeing with UND FB Fan :)

• Upvote 1

On 9/7/2022 at 9:46 AM, SWSiouxMN said:

I believe the next UND QB isn't on the roster... yet.

Thread tangent......watching HS FB and can't believe the Shanley QB didn't get much of a look from UND. Great size and a really strong arm. 

Go Tommy. Beat UNI.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Thread tangent......watching HS FB and can't believe the Shanley QB didn't get much of a look from UND. Great size and a really strong arm. 

Go Tommy. Beat UNI.

Good player for sure but not what we need to make a difference. Need a next level athlete who can run. Believe he was at UND camp

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Damn Missouri valley game of the week

Yeah sucks being game of the week makes it harder for everyone to see it. 

Charleston Southern plays at NC State at 11:30 Central Time tomorrow morning on ESPN3, I'm going to use that game to test to see if I can get it. 

PXL_20220910_030106997.jpg

• Upvote 1