SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. WMU -- Frozen Faceoff Semis

stoneySIOUX

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I hear you guys but this says it’s PWR 6, 7, or 8 at worst. 

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/probabilityMatrix.php 

Now I'm playing on the predictor, and I can't get us to 9 anymore.  It was messed up before and gave us an extra loss (24-14-1) instead of 24-13-1.

Not sure what happened there, but now it's showing completely different results.
Now it looks like 6 / 7 / 8.

2 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

You want to be playing your best hockey in March, it sure looks like they peaked about a month ago and have been going down a slippery slope since.  Truly hope I am wrong but not expecting much from next weekend no matter who plays or doesn't. 

I've been saying Denver peaked too for a while also.  This outcome is not all bad.  Our 4th line was out of synch without Albrecht and his absence was very noticaable when they were out there.

4 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

I know we are are all woe be us right but I also think we gotta give kudos to the WMU Broncos. They are an excellent team and this is a year of chance for them as well. 

PS The doom and gloom reminds me of 2015-2016 season when UND was bounced in the Frozen Faceoff. Don’t give up on the team yet!

Every team in St. Paul this weekend is good.

I don’t think anyones expectations were real high for this season considering who they lost so I’m not surprised by tonight’s somewhat ugly play tonight. They’ve been Jekyll and Hyde a lot of the season. With that said if they can get healthy before next weekend and find a power play you never know in one and done 

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

We’ll take care of WMU in a couple Saturdays. ;) 

We almost and should have tied the score in the third if Ford could have elevated the puck.  We were playing extremely short handed minus our 2 best defensemen and by all rights if Ford scores this game goes to ot with us having momentum.  I am not impressed with Western at all and I think UMD clobbers them tomorrow.

30 minutes ago, Username Taken said:

The best possible result. Nobody got hurt and don’t have to play an extra game, which would only lead to somebody getting hurt. I’m somewhat being sarcastic. 

Had the very same thought. Get healthy and we’re fine. 

1 minute ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

We almost and should have tied the score in the third if Ford could have elevated the puck.  We were playing extremely short handed minus our 2 best defensemen and by all rights if Ford scores this game goes to ot with us having momentum.  I am not impressed with Western at all and I think UMD clobbers them tomorrow.

I think Western will make an early exit from the NCAA tourney.

43 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I'd say we weren't creating anything period.
Whether that be 5x5, PK, or PP.
I don't think it was going to change anything if we did or didn't pull the goalie at the end.
Have to take the chance and pull him when you're down one, so no issue with that.  You could just feel that it wasn't gonna work though.

We didn't do alot last weekend vs CC as well.

12 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

I've been saying Denver peaked too for a while also.  This outcome is not all bad.  Our 4th line was out of synch without Albrecht and his absence was very noticaable when they were out there.

There were a lot more red flags tonight than just the 4th line being out of sync

3 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Western is chippy; ok they’re really kind of dirty.

Not really. They are an older, more experienced team that plays hard-nosed hockey.

OK, they might tend to hold a lot.

In fairness, I like to watch refs "let 'em play". As long as they call it the same for both teams. That, sadly, does not seem to be the case. I felt UND was persecuted in the WHCA towards the end, and I am getting the same feeling now.

Nationals will (and always have) been different. We will have to see how the officiating stacks up.

5 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

There were a lot more red flags tonight than just the 4th line being out of sync

I don't see many red flags.  By rights Ford scores if he handled the puck and elevates it and we go to ot.  I think for as short handed as we were it makes more optimistic than anything.  We did not get blown out and were getting most of our injured players back for the NCAA's.  Not having Albrecht was huge.  That 4th line was scoring almost a goal a game lately.  The sky is not falling so call off chicken little.