SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. WMU -- Frozen Faceoff Semis

stoneySIOUX

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Starman’s rant during that review was epic. 

His points:

- no super slow motion to look at it

- no major if the player put themselves in the vulnerable position at the last second to draw the hit

Pretty sure the NHL doesn’t consider that a penalty/major if you put yourself in that position...but then again, this is not the NHL.

51 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Starman’s rant during that review was epic. 

His points:

- no super slow motion to look at it

- no major if the player put themselves in the vulnerable position at the last second to draw the hit

Kind of like football now where receivers can go over the middle with no repercussions.  

Turn late, get hit, fall and its a review.  It's not going away, so like those free safeties in football that have to ease up, the same goes for guys going into the wall to hit somebody.  

I just can't see a "don't put yourself in a vulnerable position" rule.  Way too much gray area there for the officials to deal with.  

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

This is with UMD and all favorites winning 62C4F99C-F67D-4415-BDC9-69805A7A0327.thumb.png.2249c09c42dae28d70f7eec280fe79a8.png

Yeah they fixed the error with UND having an extra loss, so now there’s no way to get UND to #9 and it changed all the predictions right after the UND/WMU game was over. 

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Kind of like football now where receivers can go over the middle with no repercussions.  

Turn late, get hit, fall and its a review.  It's not going away, so like those free safeties in football that have to ease up, the same goes for guys going into the wall to hit somebody.  

I just can't see a "don't put yourself in a vulnerable position" rule.  Way too much gray area there for the officials to deal with.  

But in football, if you are the ball carrier, all bets are off and spearing a db is completely within the rules

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

A check from behind is a check delivered on a player who is not aware of the impending hit, therefore unable to protect or defend himself, and contact is made on the back part of the body. When a player intentionally turns his body to create contact with his back, no penalty shall be assessed.

no grey area at all you turn no penalty. 

Just now, Vegas_Sioux said:

A check from behind is a check delivered on a player who is not aware of the impending hit, therefore unable to protect or defend himself, and contact is made on the back part of the body. When a player intentionally turns his body to create contact with his back, no penalty shall be assessed.

This gives a player free reign to check another player who turns their back to them.

54 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Tell this to Tim Walsh. :lol:

1 hour ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

That is the NHL rule. NCAA puts 100% of the onus on the player delivering the hit, and that's not going away anytime soon.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, bcblues said:

My coach taught me as a Pee Wee not to turn into the boards when being checked. These are damn near pro players. They are doing it intentionally.

Yep, I’m coaching my sons league currently and we tell them the same thing. 
They are for sure doing it intentionally and will continue to do so when they can get 5min PP out of it.