SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. WMU -- Frozen Faceoff Semis

stoneySIOUX

Injuries may finally be catching up to us. PP was absolutely abysmal tonight. Had we capitalized on one of those perhaps it’s a different story. Boys can’t be happy with tonight, hope it lights a fire or we will see a quick exit. 

2 minutes ago, Green Banner said:

Can we rename the Frozen Faceoff to the Final 5, had better results in StP with that tourney

We went from the “hunter” in the WCHA to the “hunted” in the NCHC.  Gopher fans can probably relate…

• Upvote 1

That performance (with full knowledge that our top defensive pairing were out) did not look like a championship type team.  Especially in the first two periods - they just looked flat, and I don't know how you justify that when all the press has been about how special many of the guys think this season is.

With Kleven back in next week, and hopefully with a forward group that doesn't look like they are afraid of contact, maybe UND can go on a run.  But, after tonight, I don't have a lot of optimism. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SiouxBoys said:

We weren't creating anything even strength.

I'd say we weren't creating anything period.
Whether that be 5x5, PK, or PP.
I don't think it was going to change anything if we did or didn't pull the goalie at the end.
Have to take the chance and pull him when you're down one, so no issue with that.  You could just feel that it wasn't gonna work though.

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

I'd say we weren't creating anything period.
Whether that be 5x5, PK, or PP.
I don't think it was going to change anything if we did or didn't pull the goalie at the end.
Have to take the chance and pull him when you're down one, so no issue with that.  You could just feel that it wasn't gonna work though.

I'm glad we agree.

1 minute ago, Fighting Sioux 23 said:

I think we can still drop as low as #9 (3 seed).  If all higher seeds win except UCONN and Duluth. 

Yep, I just got us down to #9 as well on the predictor.
If UMD wins tomorrow, UMD, QU, and Notre Dame would all jump us.

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

UND could be playing Thursday afternoon on the east coast. That team looked like it needs a night off. I’m fine with this outcome.

Get rest and get ready with a full roster. 

+1

Rest up for sure and get as healthy as possible.
Kleven will be back.  Would be shocked if Sanderson makes an appearance at the regional from what everyone is saying.  But we can pray for a miracle.