SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. WMU -- Frozen Faceoff Semis

stoneySIOUX

Haven't touched a lot on the actual game this week. I'm feeling weird about this one. Frankly, I just wish it were next weekend right now lol.

With that said, I always want UND to win and carrying momentum into the NCAAs is a big deal. Would love to see this team knock off a really good Western team again in front of what is sure to be a hot, pro-UND crowd. 

Good guys in green win, 4-3.

Gaber, Frisch, Costantini, Ford

Feeling weird myself but excited. Regardless of outcome, just hoping no more injuries to at least stay status quo going into next weekend. Hoping for wins. I think tonight is gonna be a close one. This Faceoff is stacked with the best of the league, and should be some great hockey.

• Upvote 2

Going WMU 3-1 with ENG to seal it. This team has played well without Sanderson. Kleven sitting is big.

Bonus pick.....DU over WMU 4-3 tomorrow.

Sunday's crystal ball.....UND shipped to Michigan's regional. 

Whomever scores the first goal is going to win the game as I think it will really alter how the game is played. If UND had Sanderson or Kleven, I think they win, but think WMU steals the game and wins 2-1 with their goalie again. If UND can get the first goal, that changes things in a hurry, especially with basically a home game.

To be honest, this tourney isn't getting me excited much.  No matter what happens, we're in great position in the NCAA.  Maybe if we play Denver in the final, at least then we'd get to not be co-champs.  Come out of it healthier than we started is about all I'm hoping for, really.

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Going WMU 3-1 with ENG to seal it. This team has played well without Sanderson. Kleven sitting is big.

Bonus pick.....DU over WMU 4-3 tomorrow.

Sunday's crystal ball.....UND shipped to Michigan's regional. 

This. I do NOT want to go to Loveland. DU has been a juggernaut since we swept them. Their offensive firepower is scary good. 

I also would like to avoid DU in Loveland, altitude reasons.   Interesting that all 3 teams in MSP have a last played loss against us.  Beating DU on saturday makes for beating them 4 times if we see them in the natty rounds.  Similar with WMU...   I would never advocate losing but may be an overall win....  love this time of year.

19 minutes ago, burd said:

How would you feel when their goalie skated the length of the ice and deked Driscoll for # 86?

I believe the Gold tender can’t skate past center ice. Something sticks in my mind from the rulebook.I believe the Gold tender can’t skate past center ice. Something sticks in my mind from the rulebook.

20 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

I believe the Gold tender can’t skate past center ice. Something sticks in my mind from the rulebook.I believe the Gold tender can’t skate past center ice. Something sticks in my mind from the rulebook.

Can't play puck on other side.  Have to cross redline during the long change period during a delayed penalty. It's a long ways to go in some rinks with penalty boxes n pa in between benches.  

• Like 1

A bigger prediction is how many beers I can drink before the nightcap when I get to St. Paul. 

Regardless I bet I don't end up in prison for pushing a senior citizen down the stairs.  

UND 4....Western 1

Wilbur beers before puck drop: 7

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

A bigger prediction is how many beers I can drink before the nightcap when I get to St. Paul. 

Regardless I bet I don't end up in prison for pushing a senior citizen down the stairs.  

UND 4....Western 1

Wilbur beers before puck drop: 7

giphy.gif

Wilbur after having too many beers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, burd said:

How would you feel when their goalie skated the length of the ice and deked Driscoll for # 86?

Like Driscoll should've known that Bussi goes deke-toedrag-backhand every time on 1-on-1s. And he can't use the excuse that he didn't know Bussi was coming just because Bussi dropped off the big pads and goalie stick on his way past the bench to pass himself off as a "skater"; he saw it. 

59 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Instead, Bussi will shoot from the logo and rip it bardown 

• Like 1