SiouxSports.com Forum

To the Post! NCHC postseason tournament.

Wilbur

Who is going to St. Paul you ask?

Miami @ Denver.  Ludvig is special but not happening for them.  Denver sweep.

Duluth @ SCSU.  They are so even it hurts.  SCSU in 3.

Omaha @ Western.  If it was one game on neutral ice I'd pick Omaha.  Its Lawson, so the Broncos sweep.  

CC @ UND.  @Godsmack tells me the Tigers are weak on the wall.  Plus we get our "day to day" guys back.  UND sweep.

That sets up a Friday night special in St. Paul with UND and Western.  That'd be fun. 

• Upvote 1

Random musings ... using KRACH ratings: 

Miami (60) @ DU (474): KRACH says Miami should win 1 in 9 games with DU. DU is 4-0 already this season. Maybe Miami gets one? Or not. 

CC (66) @ UND (403): Per KRACH, CC should win 1 in 7, and UND is 4-0 already. A little scary ... 

Omaha (199) @ WMU (424): Omaha should win 1 in 3, and they've only played twice, a split at the 'zoo. I see three games. 

UMD (277) @ SCSU (352): UMD should win 45% of head to head games, and they each have a win and a SOW. I sure hope this third game is on television. 

9 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Th question I have, if UMD loses to St. Cloud is there a scenario in which UMD drops below the bubble?

I think the issue they would have would be auto bids out East taking away at large spots if they drop too close to the bubble. I think there’s a good chance we see multiple non-top 16 autobids this year. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Ciskie posted something about the bulldogs being guaranteed entry in the NCAA tournament after Friday night. 

I thought that was for the cant be below .500 requirement for at-large bid. I'm curious if they get swept if theres a chance they dont make it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Who is going to St. Paul you ask?

Miami @ Denver.  Ludvig is special but not happening for them.  Denver sweep.

Duluth @ SCSU.  They are so even it hurts.  SCSU in 3.

Omaha @ Western.  If it was one game on neutral ice I'd pick Omaha.  Its Lawson, so the Broncos sweep.  

CC @ UND.  @Godsmack tells me the Tigers are weak on the wall.  Plus we get our "day to day" guys back.  UND sweep.

That sets up a Friday night special in St. Paul with UND and Western.  That'd be fun. 

Schools out for western. The lunatics will be light. Omaha has something to prove, and I bet Abate rides the bench (in street clothes).

43 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Schools out for western. The lunatics will be light. Omaha has something to prove, and I bet Abate rides the bench (in street clothes).

Western has something to prove as well. They had high aspirations/expectations before the season even started. Omaha is going to be a tough out for them but I see Western winning in 3. This matchup and SCSU/UMD are going to be good series’ to watch.

32 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Western has something to prove as well. They had high aspirations/expectations before the season even started. Omaha is going to be a tough out for them but I see Western winning in 3. This matchup and SCSU/UMD are going to be good series’ to watch.

1 hour ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

I don’t believe Omaha does as good away from home but could be wrong. I fully expect WMU to be at the X. It’s a toss up for St. Cloud and UMD. Could see either of them at the X but I do feel that series will go 3. 

4 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I don’t believe Omaha does as good away from home but could be wrong. I fully expect WMU to be at the X. It’s a toss up for St. Cloud and UMD. Could see either of them at the X but I do feel that series will go 3. 

For some reason they have a good record at Lawson