SiouxSports.com Forum

To the Post! NCHC postseason tournament.

Wilbur

How terrible did downtown St. Paul get?  Garbage everywhere, drug use, homeless individuals everywhere.  My friend who lives in St. Paul said parking east of the rink was asking to get shot.  Walking by a guy taking a crap by a building really summed things up. 

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

How terrible did downtown St. Paul get?  Garbage everywhere, drug use, homeless individuals everywhere.  My friend who lives in St. Paul said parking east of the rink was asking to get shot.  Walking by a guy taking a crap by a building really summed things up. 

Did you at least go see the George Floyd memorial......that's always fun too. 

33 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The Chamber of Commerce is using that pic as part of their ‘Welcome to St Paul’ campaign.

59 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

really think the nchc needs to follow big 10's format (minus moving the #1 seed to the semi's bc we have an even #).....keep these games on campus!!!!!!!!!

I respectfully disagree with this. Granted St.Paul isn’t the prettiest place to go right now, but it was still fun. I stayed at Intercontinental where Western and Duluth were also staying. The players were polite and their fans were cordial. I like the idea of playing off campus and if we make it to 10 teams in the league, it will increase the amount of fans coming to the tournament.

3 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

I respectfully disagree with this. Granted St.Paul isn’t the prettiest place to go right now, but it was still fun. I stayed at Intercontinental where Western and Duluth were also staying. The players were polite and their fans were cordial. I like the idea of playing off campus and if we make it to 10 teams in the league, it will increase the amount of fans coming to the tournament.

it's always fun til someone gets murdered....

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I used Uber so I didn't have to deal with parking. I did not see anything like that.

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

really think the nchc needs to follow big 10's format (minus moving the #1 seed to the semi's bc we have an even #).....keep these games on campus!!!!!!!!!

Agree.  After watching old WCHA/Big 10 last few years and seeing the tournament at the Ralph last year, I think on-campus games are the way to go.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

59 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Agree.  After watching old WCHA/Big 10 last few years and seeing the tournament at the Ralph last year, I think on-campus games are the way to go.

Seeing Mariucci full last night makes one realize we will NEVER be able to recreate the magic of the Final Five without the Gophers.  

The next best thing going forward is to have our own building full.  Recruiting-wise I have to think MN got a boost. The atmosphere looked pretty lit there last night. We can have that at UND, too. The X didn’t look all that great 2/3 empty. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Seeing Mariucci full last night makes one realize we will NEVER be able to recreate the magic of the Final Five without the Gophers.  

The next best thing going forward is to have our own building full.  Recruiting-wise I have to think MN got a boost. The atmosphere looked pretty lit there last night. We can have that at UND, too. The X didn’t look all that great 2/3 empty. 

yep ...trying to recreate that magic aint gonna happen.....too many games/tourneys are off campus nowadays....i like the big10's version...all highest seeds host on campus

15 minutes ago, Snake said:

Recruiting-wise I have to think MN got a boost. The atmosphere looked pretty lit there last night.

That's probably the first time that Mariucci has been full since they left the WCHA.  ;)
That would only help them in recruiting if a potential recruit missed their last 100 home games that were 10-30% full.  :D 

• Upvote 1