SiouxSports.com Forum

Back to Baxter, Penne Rosa edition.

Wilbur

Anything less than a split is unacceptable....(c) @Goon

Lets go on the assumption that CC isn't going to beat Denver.  Omaha had Denver basically dead on the mat and Fenton was getting his gloves on to bring the cup to center ice at REA....then.....Denver woke up and our beloved Mikey Gabinet didn't have the answer.  

This is a big time hold your cool weekend....especially on Saturday night.  With playoffs looming suspensions aren't a good thing.  Abate for sure will be fishing big time this weekend looking for bites.

Win the cup Friday night, rest Driscoll Saturday, and watch the Swede put up a magical performance on Saturday when you have a possible let down game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Anything less than a split is unacceptable....(c) @Goon

Lets go on the assumption that CC isn't going to beat Denver.  Omaha had Denver basically dead on the mat and Fenton was getting his gloves on to bring the cup to center ice at REA....then.....Denver woke up and our beloved Mikey Gabinet didn't have the answer.  

This is a big time hold your cool weekend....especially on Saturday night.  With playoffs looming suspensions aren't a good thing.  Abate for sure will be fishing big time this weekend looking for bites.

Win the cup Friday night, rest Driscoll Saturday, and watch the Swede put up a magical performance on Saturday when you have a possible let down game.

Gabinet inexplicably played his other goalie Saturday night. Why not go with the hot hand in Saville??? To boot, the other goalie, Roden, badly misplayed the puck late in the third leading to a costly goal. I won’t lie, I started to cynically wonder if Gabinet was throwing the game for some reason. 

Just now, Godsmack said:

Gabinet inexplicably played his other goalie Saturday night. Why not go with the hot hand in Saville??? To boot, the other goalie, Roden, badly misplayed the puck late in the third leading to a costly goal. I won’t lie, I started to cynically wonder if Gabinet was throwing the game for some reason. 

Supposedly Saville was sick. But he was still listed as the backup so that’s weird. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Safe to say that a visitor clinching scenario is the only way the Penrose will ever shine under the lights at Baxter?  Is Omaha doomed to be a perennial also-ran?

Omaha gets to go to Lawson or Amsoil after this weekend is over with.  Safe to say we probably won't see them in St. Paul....(again)

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Omaha gets to go to Lawson or Amsoil after this weekend is over with.  Safe to say we probably won't see them in St. Paul....(again)

#bringbackBlais

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Safe to say that a visitor clinching scenario is the only way the Penrose will ever shine under the lights at Baxter?  Is Omaha doomed to be a perennial also-ran?

I believe Omaha is cursed by Red Cows. After he stopped posting on USCHO during their Frozen Four run they have never been the same since, also when they stupidly changed their colors from red, black, and white to black and white. Omaha needs to go back to their original colors.

• Upvote 1

Looking for a great place to go before the games in Omaha?  Check out The Lemon Drop Lounge.  Great Dive Bar!  Food is great, prices are really great, and the people are fantastic!  Stumbled upon this place on a youth hockey trip.  It is located in an old corner store grocery not too far from Baxter Arena.  The folks are mostly first responders (police, fire, emergency, etc). So friendly and what a fun group!  $1 Busch Lights on Friday afternoon and get the lemon drop shot...so good!  They want to become the go to place for North Dakota fans - they love us from North Dakota so go check it out!

Lemon Drop Lounge
5423 S 36th St, Omaha, NE
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ksixpack said:

Looking for a great place to go before the games in Omaha?  Check out The Lemon Drop Lounge.  Great Dive Bar!  Food is great, prices are really great, and the people are fantastic!  Stumbled upon this place on a youth hockey trip.  It is located in an old corner store grocery not too far from Baxter Arena.  The folks are mostly first responders (police, fire, emergency, etc). So friendly and what a fun group!  $1 Busch Lights on Friday afternoon and get the lemon drop shot...so good!  They want to become the go to place for North Dakota fans - they love us from North Dakota so go check it out!

Lemon Drop Lounge

$1.00 Busch Lights.....take note ND bars. That would get people in the doors at the end of a work week!

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, ksixpack said:

Lemon Drop Lounge

1$ Busch Lights??  Come on.....

Great excuse to hit Omaha sometime. 

3 hours ago, Siouxfan11 said:

When do we get a gfhockey to English dictionary?

I am currently enjoying my last precious few hours in playa del Carmen, MX. I've spent the last week abusing my liver and tipping the wait staff like only a member of the GOBC can, and I still can't understand gfhockey.

I think he's just an idiot. 

29 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

So if Jake is out this weekend again is one still considered "day to day" when it has been 21 days?

Is there a particular reason why you believe you are entitled you to Jake's personal medical details?

• Downvote 4