SiouxSports.com Forum

Back to Baxter, Penne Rosa edition.

Wilbur

10 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

So if Jake is out this weekend again is one still considered "day to day" when it has been 21 days?

I've heard a few different rumors.

With Schloss saying he'd be shocked if he had played again at the Olympics I'd be willing to guess its more "indefinitely".  

One RUMOR I've heard is collarbone.  So that's six weeks from February 12th.  Which would mean maybe the NCAA tournament?  

38 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Who all is going to the games this weekend? Is the Pearson fan bus still a thing? If memory serves me right, doesn’t it normally storm the Omaha weekend?

any stories about past experiences would be appreciated.

I believe it’s Al’s last bus trip, kinda bummed I never made a trip but it never lines up with my schedule

On 3/1/2022 at 7:14 PM, petey23 said:

11 a.m.-6 p.m---Buck Pitchers at the Spud

4 p.m.-7 p.m.--Buck Pitchers at the Bridge

7 p.m.-8 p.m.--2 for 1's at the Bridge

Long Friday

We did the SHORT friday...buck pitchers at 11am - The Spud also did $5 pitchers of mixed drinks so we'd switch to them by 1pm.   Completely crushed by 3pm!   GOODNIGHT GRACIE!   I remember hitting the on-ramp to DeMers Avenue at about 60 mph in my freaking Chevy Chevette driving 4 buddies home in the '80's.   Saw a cop step up right behind me and I hit the brakes.   THANKFULLY he didn't light me up and we all made it home safe.   Pretty sure I would have blown a .2+ on a breathalyzer and been in jail.   Put me on the straight and narrow to this day;-)

The Spud on fridays WAS the place to be back in the day!   So drunk so early - you'd wander out in the middle of the afternoon and act like the sun was blinding you on purpose.   Oh memories...

23 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

70 degrees on Friday and Saturday in Omaha according to my weather app.....

I need an early spring Omaha trip apparently. 

Meanwhile back at the ranch.......

I’ll be at tomorrow night’s CC/DU game with UND colors on underneath my CC gold, hoping for a miracle. I remember Alex Leclerc with a 50 save performance against DU at Magness and CC stealing a victory one time so I’m hanging onto that as hope they can take at least 3 points this weekend.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I’ll be at tomorrow night’s CC/DU game with UND colors on underneath my CC gold, hoping for a miracle. I remember Alex Leclerc with a 50 save performance against DU at Magness and CC stealing a victory one time so I’m hanging onto that as hope they can take at least 3 points this weekend.

Aside from what happens in Omaha, UND will get Miami or CC next weekend.   Chase Gresock returning seems to have made a positive impact on the Redhawks, who have been hovering around .500 these past three months.   Miami doesn't have an easy road at Kalamazoo to pick up a point on CC but the Washe news can't help the Broncos' focus. 

41 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

Aside from what happens in Omaha, UND will get Miami or CC next weekend.   Chase Gresock returning seems to have made a positive impact on the Redhawks, who have been hovering around .500 these past three months.   Miami doesn't have an easy road at Kalamazoo to pick up a point on CC but the Washe news can't help the Broncos' focus. 

Do you mean weeks? Because Miami won no games in January but went 3-3 in February. 

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

Do you mean weeks? Because Miami won no games in January but went 3-3 in February. 

I stand corrected, was referring to a tidbit Schloss recently shared regarding close games that have not gone their way. Something to the effect of - had Miami won all of its recent overtime games they would be 9-7 since early December. 

Still  a stretch to consider them dangerous but better than 7-23-2 overall record suggests. 

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

NCHC goaltender of the week Dominic Basse.  Nice ring to it.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GoalieMask said:

I stand corrected, was referring to a tidbit Schloss recently shared regarding close games that have not gone their way. Something to the effect of - had Miami won all of its recent overtime games they would be 9-7 since early December. 

Still  a stretch to consider them dangerous but better than 7-23-2 overall record suggests. 

Yah I was listening to a podcast with Schloss and he said something about ever since Miami got blown out by St. Cloud, they’ve picked up points in 6 of their last 8 games so definitely are playing better hockey. Also helps having Ludvig Persson in net for them as well. 

• Upvote 1