SiouxSports.com Forum

Back to Baxter, Penne Rosa edition.

Wilbur

42 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Do they convert the ice and court back and forth?

Yes, basketball and volleyball flooring goes over the ice. From what I heard,it both get played on the same day (like last Saturday against DU) it affects ice quality to some degree.

"It's super special," Ford said. "I got to spend four years getting my butt kicked by Mankato in the regular season. So, it makes you really grateful to be in this position. I know most of the guys probably aren't — because they've won two in a row — but for me, this is very special."

Ford stressed the importance of UND taking care of business in Friday's series opener at 7:07 p.m. He doesn't want to rely on Colorado College upsetting Denver to give UND the Penrose. He also doesn't want to leave the title undecided heading into the final day of the regular season Saturday.

"Friday night is a must win," Ford said. "We're not messing around with it, leaving it to chance. We're going to go take care of business."

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/unds-transfers-cherish-this-shot-at-the-penrose-cup?fbclid=IwAR3NPbkvdOsf4HikRvhfCaO9d8LfaNjcH8n_53YsN3ejgZqwwKhd-6hP4xY

Alex Heinert was also talking about Ford on the senior night tribute...Ford had mentioned that on his senior night at BGSU, that only friends & family were in the stands watching...not like at the Ralph where like 8-9k fans stuck around to celebrate the seniors.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Which basically is the same as not being on at all, based on the complaints I have heard regarding NCHC.tv on this forum.

LOL I basically never have a problem with NCHC.tv and I'd attribute most problems to user error and/or weak internet. The only real problem is that other schools don't have great technology to make their feed as good as UND's home games are. 

I'd much rather watch a stand alone camera with crappy audio than nothing at all.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

LOL I basically never have a problem with NCHC.tv and I'd attribute most problems to user error and/or weak internet. The only real problem is that other schools don't have great technology to make their feed as good as UND's home games are. 

I'd much rather watch a stand alone camera with crappy audio than nothing at all.

Whenever I hear other people complain about NCHC.TV it’s either weak Internet and user error that you mentioned or just stuff that doesn’t bother me. 

The only thing I really hate is when Omaha zooms in on the guy leaving the penalty box. 2 years ago we scored a goal as a penalty expired so we didn’t even get to see it because they did that. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

The only other video production worse than Omaha’s is CC’s. There ought to be a minimum standard across the board for all league programs. Like@stoneySIOUX mentioned, I’ll take a bad production over no production at all. 

That being said, one of the first requests I’d have for the incoming commissioner would be to set a minimum uniform standard for all league members and their television production. As paying subscribers I think they owe us that. 

^^^^^^^

Absofrickenlutely

• Upvote 2

As a CC fan and season ticket holder, I am literally embarrassed at how bad the television production has been at the new venue. It was bad at World Arena but I kindof gave them a pass for that knowing the new arena would be built. I fully expected the tv production to pick up at Robson but unfortunately it hasn’t improved. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

As a CC fan and season ticket holder, I am literally embarrassed at how bad the television production has been at the new venue. It was bad at World Arena but I kindof gave them a pass for that knowing the new arena would be built. I fully expected the tv production to pick up at Robson but unfortunately it hasn’t improved. 

So the production is about as good as the Tigers?