SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

McGrath:  I wonder if he took a look at the situation (Mathews, T, a potentially returning Sueker) and now Omot and realized that the minutes weren't going to be there and decided on another place. 

You'd think there would still be plenty of minutes for him. UND isn't exactly bursting at the seams with post players.

10 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

You'd think there would still be plenty of minutes for him. UND isn't exactly bursting at the seams with post players.

I heard that a player besides Bruns was going to enter the portal that they were very high on, could this be the guy?

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Eaglestaff was underwhelming last night vs WF in the Class A. Still is a good get for UND.......if he actually shows up.

Here are some stats of being underwhelming

31 point

2 blocks

3 assists

7 3pointers

a few steels

Why do you call that underwhelming,, 

15 minutes ago, Kab said:

Here are some stats of being underwhelming

31 point

2 blocks

3 assists

7 3pointers

a few steels

Why do you call that underwhelming,, 

I like the 3 "steels" personally 

39 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Outside of Rebraca, there wasn't a whole lot of success for those players who left to other D1 teams.

Ihenacho got a lot more run towards the end. Started the last 8 games playing lots of minutes but didn’t put up many points. 

4 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

McGrath:  I wonder if he took a look at the situation (Mathews, T, a potentially returning Sueker) and now Omot and realized that the minutes weren't going to be there and decided on another place. 

I doubt anyone who thinks they are a d1 player looks at our roster and thinks they arent good enough to play.

The firing of Todd Lee at South Dakota there are some references to Bruns in their forums there may have been may have been some questionable recruiting  for Bruns. This may be just talk but i did see where we had both offers to Bruns younger brother also.  Now we have McGrath transferring a redshirt freshman after consuming scholarship for us this past year and saving his eligibility to develop him and get him ready when we were playing short handed most second half of the year needing additional front court help doesn't make much since. This is just getting messier and messier as it goes along here with this whole program. The worst is silence from UND and even our local media there are hardly any coverage on what's happening or explanations for why we are loosing some our best recruits year in and year out. Does anybody know what going on it always seems there's group around Grand Forks that knows what going on but rest of us left to guessing and just accept what's happening when they choose communicate to world if ever. I just don't see how they are going to build a fan following without getting the fans involved in the program. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ND-fan said:

The firing of Todd Lee at South Dakota there are some references to Bruns in their forums there may have been may have been some questionable recruiting  for Bruns. This may be just talk but i did see where we had both offers to Bruns younger brother also.  Now we have McGrath transferring a redshirt freshman after consuming scholarship for us this past year and saving his eligibility to develop him and get him ready when we were playing short handed most second half of the year needing additional front court help doesn't make much since. This is just getting messier and messier as it goes along here with this whole program. The worst is silence from UND and even our local media there are hardly any coverage on what's happening or explanations for why we are loosing some our best recruits year in and year out. Does anybody know what going on it always seems there's group around Grand Forks that knows what going on but rest of us left to guessing and just accept what's happening when they choose communicate to world if ever. I just don't see how they are going to build a fan following without getting the fans involved in the program. 

You may ask “well, why did we recruit him then?” after reading my comments.  That would be a very good question!!

I don’t think the BB coaching staff is losing any sleep over McGrath leaving. In fact, I bet they are happy to have another scholarship available. I also think that McGrath may realize he is in over his head trying to play D1 ball.  We will know if I am right 2-3 years from now!

• Like 1

Then if UND basketball staff in not loosing sleep over loosing Mcgrath why then did we not pull his redshirt when we were playing short at front line on this team durning the season. We had several games where we were in foul trouble needing additional height and he surely could have full filled that roll and if not then our problem is much bigger than i think on recognizing talent. I don't believe the former so i have to think we have other problems like i have said before and i wonder where the AD and administration is on this and like usually we hear nothing. Where are the alumni and booster club they usually are weighing in on things behind the scenes. Usually somebody takes hit on what we have experienced in last two seasons and so far nothing has changed.

15 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Looks like we are going to have another rough ugly season

end in sight?

Not necssarily.  There have been recent examples of UND turning it around after one awful season.

Have 3 scholarships to play with.  Eaglestaff and Omot are coming in.  Get Levias and Nero healthy, Sueker hopefully coming back and healthy.  Development from Grant, T, Mathews, and Norman will be important. 

On 3/11/2022 at 12:08 PM, sioux24/7 said:

Ihenacho got a lot more run towards the end. Started the last 8 games playing lots of minutes but didn’t put up many points. 

Think the only reason why he started was that JMUs 2nd best guard was out with an injury. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Not necssarily.  There have been recent examples of UND turning it around after one awful season.

Have 3 scholarships to play with.  Eaglestaff and Omot are coming in.  Get Levias and Nero healthy, Sueker hopefully coming back and healthy.  Development from Grant, T, Mathews, and Norman will be important. 

im ok with nero moving on too....

On 3/13/2022 at 8:28 AM, sioux24/7 said:

I think Nero wasn’t healthy the end of this year. I’m not the biggest Nero believer but he’s better than what he showed at the end of the year. 

agreed but time to find some higher end talent if that's possible....

Reading articles about eaglestaff a lot of why he chose Und is its close so his mother can watch him play.  Also he wants to carry on the legacy of his uncle at Und. He seems to have thought this thru and I commend him for that.  I hope the transition to d1 basketball will be easy for him.  I’m sure the staff will be working with him this summer to get him ready.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kab said:

Reading articles about eaglestaff a lot of why he chose Und is its close so his mother can watch him play.  Also he wants to carry on the legacy of his uncle at Und. He seems to have thought this thru and I commend him for that.  I hope the transition to d1 basketball will be easy for him.  I’m sure the staff will be working with him this summer to get him ready.

He and Omot are going to be fun to watch next year. 

• Like 1