SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

Transfer Portal sucks.  Seems to force coaches to kiss the players A$$.  Don't know what is going on behind closed doors.  Wish there was some compensation the team getting the player had to give.  Sucks when a coaching staff finds the diamonds in the rough, coaches them up and they leave.  Loyalty seems to be gone.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dustin said:

Let's get Boschee in here.  That's who I wanted last time round.  His pedigree is unmatched for anyone who would consider the UND job.

the argument is if we change now we lose bj and trey........well it seems 50/50 if they would even stay more than a year anyways so what the heck do we have to lose.

1 hour ago, forksandspoons said:

Yikes. Chaves needs to have a long hard talk with Sather… 

30 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Get Sather out now. This can’t keep happening. Everyone has blamed the players for being toxic and what not the last few years. Time for the common denominator to be held responsible. This is beyond ridiculous 

This ain't it.....

40 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

McCollum (NWMU) is out of our price range. Boschee is out there too. Having said that, I truly think this is terrible luck for Sather. If anyone else important leaves, we need to evaluate even further. 

So who is in our price range? Some local HS coach who wants to sweeten their retirement fund? That is another putrid situation that needs to be dealt with, but that is another topic for another time.

1 hour ago, Kab said:

It starts during recruiting

ask the -layer a question

are you here for 4 years

if not, don’t recruit 

Yeah, because a kid that will jump ship in a hurry when things aren't going their way, won't lie to a coach and tell him what they want to hear to get a scholarship when everyone else isn't offering!

1 minute ago, tnt said:

Yeah, because a kid that will jump ship in a hurry when things aren't going their way, won't lie to a coach and tell him what they want to hear to get a scholarship when everyone else isn't offering!

And your answer is?

15 minutes ago, Kab said:

And your answer is?

Surveillance and blackmail!   Seriously, I don't know what you can do, other than do exiting interviews and try find out exactly why each person is leaving.  Some may not like the coach, and not sure they would say that, but for a lot it might just be winning.  If you can somehow turn it around and not be bottom of the barrel, they probably have a better chance to retain some players.   Could be a combo of losing and the horrible winter we have had.  Heck, it depresses me to no end that there seems no end in sight to winter, and if you grew up elsewhere that combo could be really depressing. 

Just now, tnt said:

Surveillance and blackmail!   Seriously, I don't know what you can do, other than do exiting interviews and try find out exactly why each person is leaving.  Some may not like the coach, and not sure they would say that, but for a lot it might just be winning.  If you can somehow turn it around and not be bottom of the barrel, they probably have a better chance to retain some players.   Could be a combo of losing and the horrible winter we have had.  Heck, it depresses me to no end that there seems no end in sight to winter, and if you grew up elsewhere that combo could be really depressing. 

but brookings????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best men's team forthe last decade!!!!!! and there is nothing to do there....population=nothing....middle of nowhereville.  this is on sather AND his assistants!

• Like 1

Look how young both ndsu and sdsu teams are and they are winning

i guess when winning teams mention culture of the team there may be something to that

seems like we find an under recruited player they have no allegiance to Und for taking a chance on them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kab said:

Look how young both ndsu and sdsu teams are and they are winning

That's fairly debatable.
Pretty sure both squads returned all 5 starters from last year.
NDSU 90% retained around 90% of their minutes played and points scored.
SDSU retained around 98-99% of their minutes played and points scored.

While not young, SDSU is likely to only graduate Wilson plus any transfers but they are plenty experienced.
NDSU is going to graduate 3 starters who all happen to be in the top 3 in minutes played and points scored.