SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

9 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Instead of jucos why won’t we hit the portal

also how many playas have transferred out since sather got here

two this year 

I don’t think you include Igbaunago. He was a senior and that was likely told thanks for the years but time to move on. The first year was needed. Last year sucked. 

6 hours ago, Kab said:

Roster shows both are juniors 

They were honored on senior day, expectation is both are gone. 

Either way, doesn't change that NDSU wasn't a young team since they returned 90% of production. 

Expect one more name to come out this week. Hard to tell if it will be a big loss but based on potential, I think it's at least a bummer. 

5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

They were honored on senior day, expectation is both are gone. 

Either way, doesn't change that NDSU wasn't a young team since they returned 90% of production. 

Expext one more name to come out this week. Hard to tell if it will be a big loss but based on potential, I think it's at least a bummer. 

For UND?

I was looking forward to next year building on development of players we had this year and now we starting all over again with the loss of Bruns. We can't build any type of winning program if we continue to loose freshman of the year players in conference to transferring. I thought Sather just had bad luck last year in the transfers we had last year but now i have my doubts something is very wrong here. The first possibility is the coach, or all the coaches, second is the school and community, and third is general atmosphere around the whole UND program which i include administration, support staff, and how the team is treated compared to other division I schools. The latter could be amount spent on the program on conditions of traveling like what type of traveling , places where they stay, and what they do when they are traveling. The final thing could be just how they perceive which direction the program is going. 

I thought Sather had time to turn this program around but if you keep loosing the core of the team each year this is not possible. Chaves has some work ahead of him he needs to do some research to see what are reasons were having this constant turn over of players. This may mean contacting last years players again to see if he can find the reason for number of transfers we had. Then he will need to address these problems and make needed changes to reduce why players are leaving our programs. I hope this can be achieved by not having major changes in staff but we can not turn this program around until we can keep our recruits on this team. If we loose anymore players we pretty much guaranteeing ourself another year in basement of the Summit.

Now looking at this team for the coming year i will find it hard for us keep Nero and major reason he will stay is he ended season still hurt and will be hard for him to find another team take risk on him wondering about his health. That leaves us with Norman, T, Mathews, and Grant all players still developing and big question how they will develop but far from being ready to be full time starters and more likely being  players that could fill rolls on team being lead by starting group of players. Sather is going need to find now couple of transfers that can start and make big impact right away. Even with this move we would still likely be in bottom third of the conference for next year.

They all sting, but this one especially. Sad when young men have people whispering "You gotta watch out for you" in kid's ears at the cost of their integrity. So many coaches, team mates and staff invest so much time and emotion into them and they walk away. At the end of the day it's a college education they are getting at a quality institution. Those with low ethics who are creating this situation are ruining mid-level college sports. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CMSioux said:

They all sting, but this one especially. Sad when young men have people whispering "You gotta watch out for you" in kid's ears at the cost of their integrity. So many coaches, team mates and staff invest so much time and emotion into them and they walk away. At the end of the day it's a college education they are getting at a quality institution. Those with low ethics who are creating this situation are ruining mid-level college sports. 

It’s called parenting, where the hell are they, I know students can make their own decisions but sometimes or most times they need a little guidance on ethics.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Siouxfan1989 said:

The second year of me bringing up maybe it’s just the coach? He’s had one successful year with someone else’s recruits. Even that year we were sixth. 

I don’t think 100% of the blame is on Sather for guys leaving (some of it is though) but I do agree that Marlon going nuts in the conference tournament in his first year is the only thing keeping him here at this point.

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

sather probably needs to add 2 juco's to where they only have about 2 years left so just suck it up and stay.........we need to turn this around NOW

congrats to the bunnies and yotes yesterday

I think this has to be the route. 

• Like 1