SiouxSports.com Forum

Cornell @ UND -- Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

1 hour ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

REA has to change something up. It’s like a super fancy buzzkill inside. 

The team's play is one of the biggest contributing factors. Friday night vs Minnesota the buzz pregame was there with a packed house. The crowd was just waiting to go off......then UND took the ice.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hotspur said:

So you are saying your team is "incredibly below average?"  Nice.

I think I can speak for most people and say your team played well enough to get the two wins this weekend. Congrats to them, they had a game plan and played it to a T. I would say just savior the flavor because this doesn’t and won’t happen often against UND. Hats off to Cornell and good luck the rest of the way. Should we meet up again down the road this year it will be fun. 

13 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Its our white elephant we don't talk about....

The Ralph is as dead as an empty library from the first intermission to the last 5 mins of the 3rd....

the bar and concourse is packed during that time, I'd doubt 85% of the people there can tell you the opponent or score, let alone know UND lineups,

The fact is,  REA is a social scene now more than ever, that and a nice place to trade grain and find acres to rent.

the real fans are found on the road now, it's just the way it is.

I just disagree with this. Im sorry. Its always a blast when I go and everyone seem to be into the game for the most part. I do wish there was some more participation in the crowd but thats about my only complaint... for the most part people are watching the game and paying attention. they can tell you who the opponent is.. and the score... also, some people do go to just have a good time and there is nothing wrong with that..

On 1/9/2022 at 12:27 PM, Old Barn Guy at Home said:

I wonder about the effect of having so many "mercenaries" come to the program.  Maybe one or two at the most should be considered in the future.  Also, recruit a top-level goal tender if the team is going to be so short on offensive talent.

Curious what the alternative would have been to replacing double digit players?

On 1/9/2022 at 8:53 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

Which UND coaches and directors do you like? 

None, it's a schtick to get people going. Any sort of turbulence and there are comments made. And it always works.

On 1/10/2022 at 6:08 AM, FightingSU said:

This is spot on. Everyone saying something just not right with the team. It just isn’t Sioux Hockey, I’m sorry. This is hawks hockey and it isn’t even close to being a similar products. Boys gotta put out a better effort. I would love to hear Berrys locker room talks because honestly doesn’t seem like he gets the boys very fired up. 

Impressive, I doubt anyone had this on their bingo card. Blaming a nickname that was put in place 6+ years ago and a logo that is over 5 years old for the hockey team struggling? I mean....
Not to mention, it would be pretty hard to argue that the hockey team still has actually moved on from "Sioux hockey" to "Hawks hockey" whatever that means? There is definitley plenty of remenants of "Sioux hockey" left in the REA.
And then one could bring up that UND never actually won a NC with the Brien logo but have one playing as the Fighting Hawks, but I digress.

The games are a social event for most that go. That’s ok. I am disappointed when we lose but rarely heartbroken during the regular season. More into it for the playoffs.

have some in laws that are trying to get to a game for the first time. Not necessarily to see our hockey team play but to see the arena and experience the atmosphere 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

the day a 91 year old lady drinking a beer on the jumbotron became verboten is the day that Ralph rolled over in his grave......

Exactlt....yet I'm just surprised there hasn't been a staged same sex couple on the Kiss Cam yet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

Forced them to sit sown

when it first opened really good atmosphere 

something about standing up makes people yell mire

Didnt now that.. being forced to sit is lame. I get your point.. that does suck. And yes something about standing adds to the feel.