SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ St. Cloud State -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

Going to not overreact to this one. These games do happen where everything goes in. They’ve been playing with fire the last three weekends, have a feeling this will finally be the weekend they get burned. Can’t imagine them winning tomorrow, but thought the same thing the last two weekends and they pulled it off.

The lack of discipline is the really concerning thing. I don’t want to see Jandric for the rest of the calendar year. Do players just not fear Berry? 

These penalties have been happening all year with ZERO improvement. Really going the other direction. Something is not right. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Oldguy said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that UND does not beat anyone 8-1 this year.  So, most lopsided loss of the season?  For sure, unless UND has an even worse Friday showing down the road,

If they want to play against my Men’s league team, I’ll give them that edge, BUT who knows!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kevin G said:

If blown out, choose one of the following excuses:

It was SCSU's Super Bowl.

We were a little banged up.

They had extra time to prepare. 

Starting goalie's girlfriend dumped him. 

We weren't used to the altitude. 

What about big ice?

I need an explanation why the goaltending / defense has been so widely inconsistent. Driscoll has had great numbers his entire hockey career. The defense when you go player by player should be good. It just doesn’t make sense. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gma loves hockey said:

Next Friday morning, can we have someone hypnotize the team and tell them they played and lost last night and it is now Saturday?

It's like how Brad Radke was so bad in the first inning, the Twins' pitching coach would have him pitch a pretend "first" inning in the bullpen so he would start the game in the "second" inning. 

As I recall, it didn't work. 

I really don’t know what to make of this team. 

We lose at home to BSU- Fair enough

We go to Nashville and get throttled by Penn State. 

We lose Friday game to UMD and don’t play well with dumb penalties. Squeaking out a Sat  victory. 

We lose Friday game to UMN and look crappy.  We barely hang on to win Saturday. 

We get throttled again on Friday by Clown town. Saturday TBD. 

Our PP and PK are both very poor we take very dumb and costly penalties. 

Our defense has been anything but stellar and our forwards tend to get caught watching as opposed to playing. 

Every time we win a game it seems people think we are back on track but even our wins aren’t real convincing.

The season goes fast and before you know it there is just too much ground lost to control our destiny. 

I hope that doesn’t happen this year. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Fighting Sioux 23 said:

The loss at home to U.S. International with the Hrkac Circus comes to mind.

6-1 against BC in the Frozen Four in '08 was brutal.

Blais had a handful of absolute stinkers where we would get beat giving up 8 or so against teams like SCSU and CC.

At the end of the day, it is a long season.  My expectations coming into the season was a fight for home ice and tournament bid.  We are in excellent position for both, even if the Huskies score another 100 goals tonight.  Of course, doesn't mean I'm not disappointed.

The loss to BC in the FF was the last time I had such a bitter taste in my mouth.   This shows what a dumpster fire we have at goalie - Driscoll can be very good but also be bad at the worst times.   He's a CVS Band-Aid - okay if you want to save money but also prone to leaks.   Berry was right to pull him tonight (finally) and the Swede shoved into goal did fine early but what can you do put in the position he was.   We need to build a young goalie for the future even if it costs us in the present.   We'll be in play for post season but this is NOT a year like we've had the last couple when Covid and Cruel Fate screwed us out of a Natty.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, gfNDfan said:

The loss to BC in the FF was the last time I had such a bitter taste in my mouth.   This shows what a dumpster fire we have at goalie - Driscoll can be very good but also be bad at the worst times.   He's a CVS Band-Aid - okay if you want to save money but also prone to leaks.   Berry was right to pull him tonight (finally) and the Swede shoved into goal did fine early but what can you do put in the position he was.   We need to build a young goalie for the future even if it costs us in the present.   We'll be in play for post season but this is NOT a year like we've had the last couple when Covid and Cruel Fate screwed us out of a Natty.

Driscoll sucks. 

I"m not a coach, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express ...

Change one thing?   Poise with the puck.  Too many blind passes, passes to an area, and passes made when the intended target wasn't ready.  And most of those weren't "forced" as in St Cloud checking us off the puck (though there was some of that).  Hang onto it for just another ½ second, get set, then pass the puck.   Same thing for clearing attempts on PK; we're failing to clear too many times because we're too-jumpy.

Get back to basics.  Fast.

• Upvote 3