SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Quinnipiac - FRIDAY GAMEDAY

stoneySIOUX

1 minute ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Yes because tourney teams are decided 3 weeks into the season. This team lost a lot from the past 2 seasons. People expecting them to perform the same will be disappointed. 

Ah.... no. Bad take.

You missing it completely.

Might know what Im talking about.

Effort in this game has zero to do with what or who isnt here.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Ah.... no. Bad take.

You missing it completely.

Might know what Im talking about.

Effort in this game has zero to do with what or who isnt here.

So you say it's an effort issue and they are just underperforming... okay. And losing all our goal scores last year isn't an issue.. This will be a middle of the pack team. They just are not that good. Most of the talent left last season and it shows. 

It is very early in the season but we just aren't a very good team at all right now. I'm not sure at this point I see a very high ceiling for this team either. Best case to me you find a way into the tournament and maybe get a little lucky and make a run with a few bounces. We are gonna need a bunch of guys to really step up their game and quickly if we are gonna be a tournament team.

Goaltending has been average to solid for the most part. 

We are as bad as I've ever seen us in the d zone. Wide open guys in prime scoring areas, ton of turnovers, weak on pucks, and overall very passive.

Offensively we lack much if any high end talent at all. No real offensive creative, struggle to get to prime scoring areas, not much of a grind game, losing lots of board battles, struggle to complete passes, and not a lot of speed either.

Special teams haven't been strong either.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SiouxForever said:

Jake Sanderson will lead the team in scoring (minus Gaber). We’ve seen this before with Christian Wolanian. That was a frustrating year. 

It’s only October. Forward lineup is a work a progress. Need Ford to score for some confidence. JW is missed. 

Agreed, F group is iffy at best