SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Quinnipiac - FRIDAY GAMEDAY

stoneySIOUX

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm a bit baffled that we have been as poor defensively as we have been.  Pretty decent top four that a lot of teams would like to have.  Our d zone at times.....ufff.

Great time to give the Swede a start in the net.

Ja????  Ja???

Guessing if the defense was as bad as people have said, they stick with their guy and commit to be better defensively.  

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm a bit baffled that we have been as poor defensively as we have been.  Pretty decent top four that a lot of teams would like to have.  Our d zone at times.....ufff.

Ja????  Ja???

Our defense has been the most disappointing thing to me so far this season. Thought that would be a strength and keep us afloat while we figure out forwards and offense. But it’s just been bad.

I feel like they’ll get it together eventually but it’s pretty painful right now. 

2 hours ago, crb1 said:

Was anybody able to hear Coach Berry’s post game interview with Tim? Would love to hear what his thoughts were. I can’t imagine he was very happy with that performance. 

Yah I listened to it. Basically, that QU is a very good team but several of the goals were a result of self-inflicted mistakes. For instance, the goal off the D zone faceoff where we won the puck back to our D and he ringed the puck around the boards and that the forward should know this play but he didn’t get to the rail on time, resulting in the QU player intercepting the puck and setting up a goal. 

Berry also talked about the penalty trouble we got into and how our PK wasn’t sharp tonight. 

8 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Our defense has been the most disappointing thing to me so far this season. Thought that would be a strength and keep us afloat while we figure out forwards and offense. But it’s just been bad.

I feel like they’ll get it together eventually but it’s pretty painful right now. 

I wonder if, at times, Sanderson is trying to do too much? Did anyone see the no look backhand pass he tried to make to his D partner at the top of the QU offensive zone? -It led to an odd man rush and scoring opportunity for Quinnipiac. 

26 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Ja????  Ja???

Yah, why not? -Take a page out of the Oklahoma football QB playbook? 

16 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I wonder if, at times, Sanderson is trying to do too much? Did anyone see the no look backhand pass he tried to make to his D partner at the top of the QU offensive zone? -It led to an odd man rush and scoring opportunity for Quinnipiac. 

It kinda seems like he doesn't respect his opponents at this level. Yes, he's figured out the college game and has a step on almost everyone, but they are still elite athletes at the 99th percentile in their trade. They've also got him circled so they can one day say "I burned Jake Sanderson!"

9 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I thought that the first few games…even though his statistics popped out if you watched shift to shift, especially in the ozone, he didn’t really take what the D was giving him. He missed to many passing opportunities. The last theee games, other than the third last night, I haven’t noticed him whatsoever, other than a handful of mistakes. His d partner hasn’t been doing him any favors either.

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

I thought that the first few games…even though his statistics popped out if you watched shift to shift, especially in the ozone, he didn’t really take what the D was giving him. He missed to many passing opportunities. The last theee games, other than the third last night, I haven’t noticed him whatsoever, other than a handful of mistakes. His d partner hasn’t been doing him any favors either.

What do you think of putting him and Kleven together?  

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

What do you think of putting him and Kleven together?  

They were out a couple times together last night. Kleven his been playing quite a bit on his off side.

I think the problem right now is that we trust Sanderson, Kleven, Frisch, and Jandric. 

We try and not put 2 of the following 3 on the ice at the same time..Johnson, Moore, and Ferner which unfortunately leads to some miscommunication problems and lack of continuity.

55 minutes ago, petey23 said:

They were out a couple times together last night. Kleven his been playing quite a bit on his off side.

I think the problem right now is that we trust Sanderson, Kleven, Frisch, and Jandric. 

We try and not put 2 of the following 3 on the ice at the same time..Johnson, Moore, and Ferner which unfortunately leads to some miscommunication problems and lack of continuity.

I like Jandric but its going to be a bit of a curve for him.  I think Johnson has Peski written all over him.  Struggle, but turn into a really solid guy when things slow down and he figures out you can't just ring the wall in the college game and expect your wing to make the play on the wall.

Playing a big, physical, well coached team like the Q will give our guys plenty of film to look at.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I like Jandric but its going to be a bit of a curve for him.  I think Johnson has Peski written all over him.  Struggle, but turn into a really solid guy when things slow down and he figures out you can't just ring the wall in the college game and expect your wing to make the play on the wall.

Playing a big, physical, well coached team like the Q will give our guys plenty of film to look at.

On the post game interview with Hennessy, Berry kinda called out our winger for not getting over to the wall fast enough to get between the puck and the Q defender on that ring around the wall clearing attempt.