SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

20 hours ago, brianvf said:

Thank you Colorado College!  :)

I’m going to say this to my wife and see how she reacts!

I’ll tell her that I’m sure the Tigers players’ first priority was winning for the good guys in green! This oughta go over well! 

• Upvote 3

I watched the CC/ASU series on NCHC.TV. It was interesting hearing the announcers talk about both team’s style of play compared to UND. They played a fast breakout style with little physicality, crashing the boards or disruption at center ice. The allusion was clear - neither team will reach the level of UND until they adapt to this style of play. It starts with the coaching and the type of players they recruit. It’s a system. CC and ASU have a long ways to get there. Upper tier teams in the NCHC (MDU, SCSU, DU) have figured this out. 

When you have a moment, please follow @collegepucknews on instagram. In addition, looking for feedback on font design and other suggestions. Currently tinkering… I know have format/design issues that can/will improve. Been testing a few design applications. 

My goal is to be the “one” account on instagram to centralize college hockey news. This is a side project (hobby) and not my full time job so please be mindful and respectful as I learn and as it grows.

Open for constructive feedback. 

Thanks UND supporters and fans!

• Upvote 1

On 12/22/2021 at 5:42 AM, SiouxForever said:

When you have a moment, please follow @collegepucknews on instagram. In addition, looking for feedback on font design and other suggestions. Currently tinkering… I know have format/design issues that can/will improve. Been testing a few design applications. 

My goal is to be the “one” account on instagram to centralize college hockey news. This is a side project (hobby) and not my full time job so please be mindful and respectful as I learn and as it grows.

Open for constructive feedback. 

Thanks UND supporters and fans!

BUMP :-) 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Michigan cancelled it's GLI game against WMU scheduled for Thursday due to health protocols within the UM program.

Oddly enough, their game against MTU on Wednesday is not cancelled though.  :blink:
Maybe UM (without a few of their star players) is scared to face off against a really talented WMU team, so they just cancelled that game. :D

ok penny hardaway

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

Michigan cancelled it's GLI game against WMU scheduled for Thursday due to health protocols within the UM program.

Oddly enough, their game against MTU on Wednesday is not cancelled though.  :blink:
Maybe UM (without a few of their star players) is scared to face off against a really talented WMU team, so they just cancelled that game. :D

Why shouldn’t this count as a loss due to forfeit ?  If there is no repercussions for canceling games then what is there to stop a team from canceling a game late in the season when a loss would drop you out of the NC$$ tourney ?

If my memory serves, UND played some games a few years ago when they couldn’t field a full lineup.  Don’t think there was any consideration of quitting. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@collegepucknews (on instagram) covered it too

• Upvote 1

To be fair. They only have 8 defensemen, 13 forwards, and 3 goalies that aren't at World Juniors.:whistling:

Maybe they could go with 17 minute periods or a running clock to get through the Tech game.

WMU already dumped them at Yost this season and lost in OT in Kalamazoo.

2 hours ago, brianvf said:

Are they worried that Tech will play a game-style that is not socially distanced and they need to isolate after? 

How can Michigan know all their players will fail Wednesday night COVID test kits we don't have? 

This is all so confusing ... 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Are they worried that Tech will play a game-style that is not socially distanced and they need to isolate after? 

How can Michigan know all their players will fail Wednesday night COVID test kits we don't have? 

This is all so confusing ... 

Exactly. Doesn’t add up unless they cancel the Wednesday game against MTU too. 

40 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

This is complete crap. It should could as a forfeit for Michigan and a win for Western. 

If it isn’t Covid related, then at what point can a team that is in the tourney, but on the bubble cancel a game under the guise of wear and tear, looking to maintain their spot in the pairwise?  The NCAA really needs to step in before a bad precedent is set.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, tnt said:

If it isn’t Covid related, then at what point can a team that is in the tourney, but on the bubble cancel a game under the guise of wear and tear, looking to maintain their spot in the pairwise?  The NCAA really needs to step in before a bad precedent is set.

The UM release says that it is not COVID related.

https://www.michigandaily.com/ice-hockey/michigan-cancels-contest-with-western-michigan-due-to-health-and-welfare-protocols/

A team spokesperson told the Daily that playing games on back-to-back nights would create wear and tear on the already depleted roster. The spokesperson maintained that the cancellation is not COVID-19 related.

Wow what a load of crap.  Remember when Hakstol led a team with like 17 or 18 healthy skaters to the F5 championship with 3 wins on back to back to back nights?
This is totally just UM not wanting to play WMU and face getting a loss and dropping in the PWR.
UM is getting blasted on Twitter and FB for this (rightfully so) and it's great to see.

As I said before, I hope MTU crushes them on Wednesday.

• Like 1

If you are going to recruit multiple top end draft prospects, I think I would change my scheduling during World Junior time.  Minnesota has done that, and I suspect UND has taken that into consideration more as well.  With how tight the pairwise is year in and year out, you would be foolish to continue to schedule games against top opponents during the World Junior time period.  That said, if you have already scheduled those games, man up and use it as an opportunity to fight through adversity. 

• Upvote 2

Time for NCAA RulesCommittee to define what’s allowable.  Michigan vs Weatern should go onto the books as a forfeit, and be part of the Pairwise.  
English football has a standard of “13 players and one of them a goaltender” ; if you have that many you play or forfeit.  We need a bright line objective standard like that in NCAA play too. 

6 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Oh, and we can also say goodbye to the Great Lakes Invitational, one of the best holiday traditions in the sport.  

(not to mention who in their right mind would schedule a nonconference game with Michigan in the future. Here’s hoping Mel chicken Pearson experiences a broad backlash.)

Yeah, one has to wonder if he kept the Michigan Tech game because he used to coach there and felt he owed them the game.