SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

11 hours ago, tnt said:

If it isn’t Covid related, then at what point can a team that is in the tourney, but on the bubble cancel a game under the guise of wear and tear, looking to maintain their spot in the pairwise?  The NCAA really needs to step in before a bad precedent is set.

This hurts anyone that beat Western Michigan if western would go on to beat Michigan.

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

The UM release says that it is not COVID related.

https://www.michigandaily.com/ice-hockey/michigan-cancels-contest-with-western-michigan-due-to-health-and-welfare-protocols/

Wow what a load of crap.  Remember when Hakstol led a team with like 17 or 18 healthy skaters to the F5 championship with 3 wins on back to back to back nights?
This is totally just UM not wanting to play WMU and face getting a loss and dropping in the PWR.
UM is getting blasted on Twitter and FB for this (rightfully so) and it's great to see.

As I said before, I hope MTU crushes them on Wednesday.

I thought this was the greatest team ever assembled? :silly:

More like the softest team ever assembled. :0

Another reason why we should never join that crap-hole conference. :angry:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

This hurts anyone that beat Western Michigan if western would go on to beat Michigan.

Will be interesting to see Schlossman or someone run scenarios at tournament time to see if some teams would be in or out with certain results if that game had been played.  Wouldn't surprise me if #1 seeds for the tournament are affected by this game not being played.  

10 minutes ago, tnt said:

Will be interesting to see Schlossman or someone run scenarios at tournament time to see if some teams would be in or out with certain results if that game had been played.  Wouldn't surprise me if #1 seeds for the tournament are affected by this game not being played.  

And think about the guys that could potentially miss the tournament, like 17-20 based on this game not being played!

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I thought this was the greatest team ever assembled? :silly:

More like the softest team ever assembled. :0

Another reason why we should never join that crap-hole conference. :angry:

this isn't the players, we can't dump it on them. Doubt there was a vote, this is administration and staff.

4 hours ago, brianvf said:

Tinling looks like he came to Vermont to early and should have played another year or two of juniors

With Ottawa dealing with injuries (last time I looked) and BU being, well bad, might as well sign with Ottawa.

On 12/27/2021 at 8:33 PM, brianvf said:

Also, if the game against Tech does happen, I'm hoping Tech beats up on them. 
That'll hurt them worse in the PWR than a potential loss to WMU would have.

You have to wonder if Tech players feel Michigan is sidestepping Western Michigan, and if so, you would think that would fire them up, as I would guess they would feel they are decent themselves. The funny thing is you are coming off of the longest layoff of the season, I would think energy of the remaining players would be high after time to heal bumps and bruises. Of course Michigan has shown they don’t like playing certain teams on the road, and until road wins became a bigger part of pairwise they pretty much wouldn’t stray far from Yost unless they saw odds in their favor.