SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

On 12/28/2021 at 2:42 AM, brianvf said:

The UM release says that it is not COVID related.

https://www.michigandaily.com/ice-hockey/michigan-cancels-contest-with-western-michigan-due-to-health-and-welfare-protocols/

Wow what a load of crap.  Remember when Hakstol led a team with like 17 or 18 healthy skaters to the F5 championship with 3 wins on back to back to back nights?
This is totally just UM not wanting to play WMU and face getting a loss and dropping in the PWR.
UM is getting blasted on Twitter and FB for this (rightfully so) and it's great to see.

As I said before, I hope MTU crushes them on Wednesday.

WTF - that SHOULD COUNT AS A FORFEIT OR A LOSS RIGHT? You can't just cancel games???

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

Michigan can do whatever they want.

I do not think the NCAA is going to do anything about this, but it should be a loss to Western Michigan as a forfeit.  To make matters worse, the GLI used to be played at Joe Louis Arena, now it should be at Little Caeser's Arena.  If you noticed, both games that Michigan would have played are at Yost.  They did not even have to leave the city to play the game.  The only justice will be for Tech to beat them badly tonight.

What does it say about Michigan when they won’t play Western when they still have two first round picks in their lineup and 6 overall draft picks?  I guess they need 6 first round guys to be able to compete.  Guess Mel treats the rest of his players like chopped liver.  Why would someone want to play for that guy?

• Upvote 3