SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2021/12/29_Amid-Tumultuous-Week,-Michigan.php

The appearance was that Michigan didn't want to play a tough Western Michigan team Thursday without five of its best players, and was using "health protocols" as a shield. Michigan insisted that wasn't true, and that the team would be so short players, that playing a second game under those circumstances would be too much to ask.

That rationale became even more circumspect Wednesday night when, despite the limitations, the Wolverines fielded 12 forwards and six defensemen. They did not list an extra skater.

“Just really proud of our team tonight,” said Pearson, not addressing why those same 18 skaters couldn't play again Thursday. “Just the way they battled. We had eight good hockey players that weren’t available for tonight’s game and played one under the limit we can have. Just really proud of the way our team played.”

So they had a full frickin' lineup (except not having an extra skater...the horror!), but for some reason couldn't play tomorrow with that exact same full lineup of players.
I'm glad Michigan is getting pummeled online for this decision, they deserve every bit of it.
I so wish MTU could've pulled off the win.

Schloss' comment on Twitter about "White jerseys tonight, white flags tomorrow night" made me LOL. :D

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, brianvf said:

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2021/12/29_Amid-Tumultuous-Week,-Michigan.php

So they had a full frickin' lineup (except not having an extra skater...the horror!), but for some reason couldn't play tomorrow with that exact same full lineup of players.
I'm glad Michigan is getting pummeled online for this decision, they deserve every bit of it.
I so wish MTU could've pulled off the win.

Schloss' comment on Twitter about "White jerseys tonight, white flags tomorrow night" made me LOL. :D

In my opinion that was the tweet of the year. 

• Upvote 2

Is Michigan worried that they aren't used to playing back-to-back nights and Western is. 

Michigan still has two first-rounders in their lineup and they're ducking Western?

SPOILER ALERT:
When Michigan's application to join a better conference in hockey arrives, the NCHC will reject it. ;) 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SiouxForever said:

@collegepucknews on Instagram. "Mel Pearson, hasn't beat Michigan Tech since he took the head coaching job at Michigan" The more you know...

I really enjoy your shameless plugging of @collegepucknews - not even kidding! If I had IG, I'd give a follow.

Hey at least now the players know that their coach has no faith in them.  Poor players get to look in the mirror and realize their coach is a pu**y and they are looked at as soft and can't gut their way through a back to back.  NO chance they can win a title. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ND_Texan said:

Duloot loses to Minny State and Sioux drop from #2 to #5 in Pairwise. That sucks. 

It's all super close between #2-6 in the PWR, lots of movement from minor results like Michigan's tie yesterday and UMD's OT loss tonight.
All between 54-56 comparisons won with RPI between .5916 (Michigan at #6) and .5965 (Denver at #2).
With UND, UMD, and WMU sandwiched in the middle there.

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

It's all super close between #2-6 in the PWR, lots of movement from minor results like Michigan's tie yesterday and UMD's OT loss tonight.
All between 54-56 comparisons won with RPI between .5916 (Michigan at #6) and .5965 (Denver at #2).
With UND, UMD, and WMU sandwiched in the middle there.

I know it’s very close just hard to qualify DU at #2 when UND swept them. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1