SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

23 hours ago, Kevin G said:

I applaud the effort to keep resuscitating UAH's hockey program, but no program can survive continuous instability. 

I think it's better to end it now. No one is going to take them into their conference.  

1 minute ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

Its pretty unlikely but It has been talked about before, but unless they can get the money to build a decent arena someplace close to campus I don't see it happening.

Oh, I thought we were just talking jerseys.:blink:

On 5/5/2021 at 4:34 PM, KSSioux said:

I wanted to put this here, as I think it effects college hockey in general.  Has anyone watched the U18 World Championships this year?  I watched a few games, and US losing to Sweden in the quarterfinals.  I do not think people can complain about UND not having any recruits on the U18 team.  This is about as bad of talent as we have had on that squad in a number of years.  We have done very well in the U18's, due a lot to the NTDP being the main source for this team and other countries did not have that sort of program until recently.  Just not very impressed with the talent at all. Pastujav (Michigan recruit) is the only one that really showed anything, and that was not too great overall.  Not real skill or hockey sense from this team and it really showed.  They are still young, and will obviously develop, but they did not show well at all.

Agreed.  That team took a 5-1 lead over Russia in the first game and from that point on just didn't look like they meshed at all.

52 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

USCHO is reporting the SCSU quintet of Brodzinski, Fitzgerald, Donohue, Jaycox, Hrenak back for fifth season. 

Short term gain; long term ... TBD. ;) 

5th year Seniors don't make any sense to me. Seems like it would throw a monkey wrench into the whole process of moving athlete/students on with their lives and pausing youngsters from joining the team. So next year at this time, is St. Clown bringing in 5 extra freshman or are they hoping to find some talent in the Transfer Portal? 

21 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

5th year Seniors don't make any sense to me. Seems like it would throw a monkey wrench into the whole process of moving athlete/students on with their lives and pausing youngsters from joining the team. So next year at this time, is St. Clown bringing in 5 extra freshman or are they hoping to find some talent in the Transfer Portal? 

Fifth year players put a bulge in the recruiting pipeline that is hard to work through. 

Ponder: eight seniors, three early signees, and a portal departure. That's 12 to replace. That's too many "freshies" on a roster. UND got away with it this time because of Covid and the portal option to ... stealing a phrase "flatten the curve" of the bulge. 

On 5/7/2021 at 3:01 PM, Goon said:

I think it's better to end it now. No one is going to take them into their conference.  

I think the NCHC should add them take the bullet.  We talk about expanding and adding more teams but we are ok for a school to fold?  NCHC should add 2 or 4 and do a east west thing..

7 hours ago, johnsowe said:

I think the NCHC should add them take the bullet.  We talk about expanding and adding more teams but we are ok for a school to fold?  NCHC should add 2 or 4 and do a east west thing..

I rather take an Alaska school and get the exemption games

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Pio becomes Tiger? That's as bad as Gopher goes to UND (Dean Blais). :D 

• Upvote 1

On 5/10/2021 at 9:55 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Fifth year players put a bulge in the recruiting pipeline that is hard to work through. 

Ponder: eight seniors, three early signees, and a portal departure. That's 12 to replace. That's too many "freshies" on a roster. UND got away with it this time because of Covid and the portal option to ... stealing a phrase "flatten the curve" of the bulge. 

If only the seniors got an extra year, this would probably be a bigger problem.  They have four years to work this through and with early departures and other attrition, it probably works itself out naturally.

14 hours ago, Godsmack said:

This could potentially be a good get for Coach Mayotte and the CC Tigers. Danny Weight, son of former NHL player Doug Weight, is transferring from Boston College to CC.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bcinterruption.com/platform/amp/2021/5/12/22432719/danny-weight-to-transfer-to-colorado-college

It worked out before for CC taking a player who didn't produce up to expectations at another school.  Since Weight was only a freshman and didn't get top line time, he probably could be a step ahead of Chris Wilkie in that regard.

• Upvote 1