SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

I guess if the NCAA is allowing for the scholarship dollars to come from outside sources then every kid on that team could have a full ride.  I would imagine that would be a slippery slope though with the women's programs and other male sports programs looking over their shoulder.    

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I guess if the NCAA is allowing for the scholarship dollars to come from outside sources then every kid on that team could have a full ride.  I would imagine that would be a slippery slope though with the women's programs and other male sports programs looking over their shoulder.    

I could've been wrong about the last post but I did find this on the NCAA website:  "For D1 fall sports, seniors who have scholarships and who will be using the extra year of eligibility will not count against the team’s scholarship limit for the 2021-22 season."  I would assume this was now applicable for all sports.  It also says it comes down to what universities can afford

9 minutes ago, DL Sioux said:

I could've been wrong about the last post but I did find this on the NCAA website:  "For D1 fall sports, seniors who have scholarships and who will be using the extra year of eligibility will not count against the team’s scholarship limit for the 2021-22 season."  I would assume this was now applicable for all sports.  It also says it comes down to what universities can afford

Well there you go.  Thanks for the info.  

On 4/20/2021 at 4:23 PM, brianvf said:

Their 5 game win streak at the end of the season made their record look a lot better than what it was.

You could say that has been the case for Duluth for quite a while now.  That is kind of how you win National Championships if you can somehow get in the tournament. 

4 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I think they are insane if they are going to roster 10 d-men. I thought the same this year. Your 9th and 10th d-men will rarely, if ever, play, so I’m not sure what kind of players you’re going to find to fill that role. 

You would think if they were young, you would want players to actually be playing games in Junior hockey rather than sitting in college. 

21 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Class guy. I remember him congratulating North Dakota in 2016 after winning the national championship. Glad to hear he’s turning his life around. 

I kind of wish he would take the Maine job. He is a legend in that program and the Black Bears should be among the elite programs.  Hope he can continue to find peace. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/2/2021 at 1:28 PM, nodakvindy said:

I kind of wish he would take the Maine job. He is a legend in that program and the Black Bears should be among the elite programs.  Hope he can continue to find peace. 

If it would be bad for him as a human (and thus bad for his family), he should stay away from the pressures of a head job and manage what he can personally. 

On 5/2/2021 at 1:28 PM, nodakvindy said:

what the hell has happened to maine in the last ten years!

I wanted to put this here, as I think it effects college hockey in general.  Has anyone watched the U18 World Championships this year?  I watched a few games, and US losing to Sweden in the quarterfinals.  I do not think people can complain about UND not having any recruits on the U18 team.  This is about as bad of talent as we have had on that squad in a number of years.  We have done very well in the U18's, due a lot to the NTDP being the main source for this team and other countries did not have that sort of program until recently.  Just not very impressed with the talent at all. Pastujav (Michigan recruit) is the only one that really showed anything, and that was not too great overall.  Not real skill or hockey sense from this team and it really showed.  They are still young, and will obviously develop, but they did not show well at all.

52 minutes ago, KSSioux said:

I wanted to put this here, as I think it effects college hockey in general.  Has anyone watched the U18 World Championships this year?  I watched a few games, and US losing to Sweden in the quarterfinals.  I do not think people can complain about UND not having any recruits on the U18 team.  This is about as bad of talent as we have had on that squad in a number of years.  We have done very well in the U18's, due a lot to the NTDP being the main source for this team and other countries did not have that sort of program until recently.  Just not very impressed with the talent at all. Pastujav (Michigan recruit) is the only one that really showed anything, and that was not too great overall.  Not real skill or hockey sense from this team and it really showed.  They are still young, and will obviously develop, but they did not show well at all.

I want UND to take the goalie that played most of the games. He started on the U17 team and was moved up to the U18 team.