SiouxSports.com Forum

Penrose Cup Champs @ Omaha - One night, Friday

Wilbur

50 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Yes.  It was definitely the reffs that won that game for UND.  No way we can stay with that group of hockey talent without the officials giving us everything and earning nothing.  

We had way more powerplays than they did obviously, and they were missing 3 seniors and a super soph.

(Checks Twitter)

Don’t think Omaha would have beat us without our lack of discipline last time in Omaha, that is why they kept trying to taunt us into penalties last weekend. I think they know they aren’t set up to beat us 5 on 5.

• Upvote 2

Just now, tnt said:

Don’t think Omaha would have beat us without our lack of discipline last time in Omaha, that is why they kept trying to taunt us into penalties last weekend. I think they know they aren’t set up to beat us 5 on 5.

We are better when we play SIOUX hockey.

• Upvote 1

OK folks, I just watched the entire game, after working until 11 PM. I have to say the first thing that impressed me was the jump in the boy's skates! They looked...... "on task". In a way that I have seen few UND teams look going into the post season. I have hope.

Next, Scheel is playing awesome! He made some athletic and crucial saves this game. Good to see!

Finally, the coaching staff seems to be on point as to figuring out how to motivate the team. Screw the "this line - that line" BS, at this point in the season, it is all about motivation (and that is something I think Hakstol sorely missed).

Go Sioux!

23 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I think its interesting how Omaha fans have not really complained about refs all year when their PK was clicking. UND tears their PK apart, and all of a sudden it is the refs fault they lost.

Now we all know the ref can officiate some terrible games, but C'mon Man!

I'd probably leave social media alone after my team lost at home to a team without 4 regulars and the league already wrapped up.

Now the narrative trending amongst them is why they have to play us so much and we get away with running goalies.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'd probably leave social media alone after my team lost at home to a team without 4 regulars and the league already wrapped up.

Now the narrative trending amongst them is why they have to play us so much and we get away with running goalies.  

Ow the only time I saw Seville get hit last night was when his own guy speared him. And of course he twirled and needed a minute afterwards. 

Rewatching the penalty it is pretty blatant, although I still think Hain sold it a bit. They could have let it slide in a tie game with less than 2 minutes left, but consistency from the refs is a good thing, and after things got out of hand last week this game was more scrutinized than usual.

Senden celebrating in their crease and Weatherby celebrating in front of their bench were fun to see, as much as their cameraman allowed us to see anyways. Stop showing the guy getting out of the penalty box! Or at least picture in picture.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Super pumped for Weatherby...kids starting to figure it out. Minus first 6-7 games he’s been elite. Has to be in the top 6 moving forward.

Nope.  Having that line play where they do makes for a huge match up problem for opponents.  

He's been really good, hope we get him back for next year.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Ow the only time I saw Seville get hit last night was when his own guy speared him. And of course he twirled and needed a minute afterwards. 

That was Weatherby's stick that got Seville up by his helmet, one of the calls that went missed.