SiouxSports.com Forum

Penrose Cup Champs @ Omaha - One night, Friday

Wilbur

12 hours ago, Sioux90 said:

Reducing the penalties and improving the power play is making this team scary good. Just need to work on those penalties...

Karl's power play now has a number of good trigger men plus a D corps that is full of weapons on the power play.  Caufield doing net front is huge too.  

14 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

If UNO loses next week and the first round of the FF....do they even make the field of 16?

Lose 5 straight even if 4 of losses came to the 1st place team in the NCHC? I’d say no. Next Friday’s game is pretty much a must-win for them. If they don’t, I think they will have to win the auto bid.

I think Duluth would be in similar situation if they drop 2 games to St. Cloud.

One thing I'm really, really excited about from this game isn't just about this season, but next... With guys like Weatherby (assuming he stays), Juddy, Gaber and some absolute studs on the blue line, our cupboard won't be bare.

This squad is so deep. Like someone else mentioned, we have a guy who's potted goals in 7 straight while looking like a bonafide star playing on our third line. 

Sanderson is our best defenseman now and maybe the best in the NCHC and that's incredible considering how deep this corps is. 

Scheel is dialed in.

This team is just flat out fun.

It’s amazing how talented this team is. I tend to focus on the D core when watching games and I think, “I loved how JBD, made that little head fake or shoulder drop to get the defender to bite and over commit in order to generate space to get off that shot; I’m going to try that later in my beer league game.”

And then I’m out there on the ice and I can’t possibly replicate what someone like JBD (or insert any other UND D man’s name here) actually did! But it’s fun to mentally think these things as I’m watching! Kinda like what you think about if you won the lottery. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/27/2021 at 10:17 AM, hky said:

Nope.  Having that line play where they do makes for a huge match up problem for opponents.  

He's been really good, hope we get him back for next year.  

He'll be back. Adams should move to wing on the second line.  mismash, guch, weatherby - adams, pinto, Gaber.....book it