SiouxSports.com Forum

Nchc championship pod

BusinessSiouxt

11 minutes ago, Siouxperkick said:

Noob question: What are UND's ramifications for Fargo's regional if they do poorly and lose out in the NCHC tourney? Are they an automatic #1 seed in Fargo no matter what? Thanks gentlemen!

They are placed in Fargo automatically with the seed yet to be determined.

20 minutes ago, Siouxperkick said:

Noob question: What are UND's ramifications for Fargo's regional if they do poorly and lose out in the NCHC tourney? Are they an automatic #1 seed in Fargo no matter what? Thanks gentlemen!

UND is the host school for the Fargo Regional.
A host, if they make the tournament field, is always placed at their site. 

That rule has created some sticky wickets in the past, like say a two-seed hosting a regional in their facility where number one overall has to come in. The "no campus sites" rule has made it a little better but it can still make for some unhappy one (and/or two) seeds. 

1 hour ago, Siouxperkick said:

UND’s record will keep them as one of the FOUR #1 seeds even if they lose their next game or if they win their next game and lose after that. 

On 3/7/2021 at 10:00 PM, Wilbur said:

-Miami needs a fantastic goaltending performance from a freshman to have any hope....

-CC needs the same.....

-Western vs. Duluth is a toss up.  If someone can convince Western they are playing at Lawson instead of REA they'll win.

-Denver vs. Omaha.  Must win for Denver.  I think Omaha needs at least one more win to be sure of the NCAA.  Denver is better when they're interested.  I'll go with them. 

I agree that WMU - UMD is a toss up.  I would have rather played SCSU to be honest, but oh well.  For WMU Bussi is back in the lineup and looks to be healthy and we're getting hot at the right time.  It's been too many damn years since we last lost in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament.  I'm hoping we make a little run this year and sneak in.  

1 hour ago, Siouxperkick said:

UND will be the #1 seed in Fargo regardless of what happens in the NCHC tourney. 

51 minutes ago, ubish said:

I agree that WMU - UMD is a toss up.  I would have rather played SCSU to be honest, but oh well.  For WMU Bussi is back in the lineup and looks to be healthy and we're getting hot at the right time.  It's been too many damn years since we last lost in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament.  I'm hoping we make a little run this year and sneak in.  

I have WMU beating UMD.

2 hours ago, ubish said:

I think Omaha got the better draw and UMD had better buckle up and strap in. I'd rather play DU than WMU right now.

@ubish: WMU got the better draw for them right now. UMD is still searching for their mojo. 

All that said, UND had better show up Friday (unlike the first 40 last Friday). Miami is no push. 

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I think Omaha got the better draw and UMD had better buckle up and strap in. I'd rather play DU than WMU right now.

@ubish: WMU got the better draw for them right now. UMD is still searching for their mojo. 

All that said, UND had better show up Friday (unlike the first 40 last Friday). Miami is no push. 

DU gonna spank Omaha...little brother only gets up for games against big brother.:wink:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'd take it, but DU hasn't played since Feb 27 and that's concerning, at least to me. 

The Durf's 'stache must be epic by now.  (It's Selleck-esque!)  Omaha will be so mesmerized by it that they won't even notice DU blowing by them.

3 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

The Durf's 'stache must be epic by now.  (It's Selleck-esque!)  Omaha will be so mesmerized by it that they won't even notice DU blowing by them.

Selleck-esque?

Durf could never get there so stop with the blasphemy or you'll surely slip further and end up in 'stache purgatory by comparing to Sam Elliott. 

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Selleck-esque?

Durf could never get there so stop with the blasphemy or you'll surely slip further and end up in 'stache purgatory by comparing to Sam Elliott. 

Hey, nobody said anything about Sam Elliott; let’s not get carried away.;)

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Imagine Omaha losing that game....

I vaguely recall Omaha recently losing in their own barn when their opponent was short three of their top six forwards (including two hobey baker finalists). :whistling:

• Upvote 1