Yup

On 5/31/2018 at 10:15 PM, Kloyis said:

Correct.

56 = XXL

On 6/1/2018 at 1:07 PM, siouxstudent said:

Real as it gets right there

I concur.

• 2 weeks later...

So I did something that I don't typically do, which is to buy something without actually having a chance to inspect it.

I got wind of an auction being held at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, WI, in which the Bradley Center is disposing of a lot of memorabilia collected there over the years, before they demolish the building.

One of the items listed in the auction was a UND hockey jersey with a bunch of autographs on it.  It seemed pretty apparent to me the auction company didn't really investigate to discover what they have, and honestly I'm not 100% certain about what they have (and that I bought).

But with the limited photos available, and knowing that in 1997 we won the championship at the Bradley Center, it appears that it might be a jersey autographed by that team.

Here is a link to the auction photos.  I should know more tomorrow when I pick it up, but I'm curious to see what it looks like.  Might be $180 down the drain.  :lol:

https://bid.greatlakesauction.net/view-auctions/catalog/id/18474/lot/2602900?url=%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F18474%3Fpage%3D8

20 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

So I did something that I don't typically do, which is to buy something without actually having a chance to inspect it.

I got wind of an auction being held at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, WI, in which the Bradley Center is disposing of a lot of memorabilia collected there over the years, before they demolish the building.

One of the items listed in the auction was a UND hockey jersey with a bunch of autographs on it.  It seemed pretty apparent to me the auction company didn't really investigate to discover what they have, and honestly I'm not 100% certain about what they have (and that I bought).

But with the limited photos available, and knowing that in 1997 we won the championship at the Bradley Center, it appears that it might be a jersey autographed by that team.

Here is a link to the auction photos.  I should know more tomorrow when I pick it up, but I'm curious to see what it looks like.  Might be $180 down the drain.  :lol:

https://bid.greatlakesauction.net/view-auctions/catalog/id/18474/lot/2602900?url=%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F18474%3Fpage%3D8

Well,  Looking at the signatures that I can make out (that have a number by them) the signature under the "O" looks like Jason Ulmer with #9 by it.  Also the signature by the 3rd feather from the top of the Sioux head looks like #2 Curtis Murphy.  So you might have made a pretty good find.

26 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

Will gladly give you $200 for that jersey, sight unseen. :)

34 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Well,  Looking at the signatures that I can make out (that have a number by them) the signature under the "O" looks like Jason Ulmer with #9 by it.  Also the signature by the 3rd feather from the top of the Sioux head looks like #2 Curtis Murphy.  So you might have made a pretty good find.

The names and numbers that I seemed able to confirm from the photos and the rosters that I have include:  Jeff Ulmer 19, Mark Pivetz 3, Toby Kvalevog 35, Jason Ulmer 9, Curtis Murphy 2, Joe Blake 28 and Ian Kallay 10.

Obviously the numbers are easy to see, and all of them on there were in fact being used in 1996-97, so that gave me a little confidence.

29 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

The names and numbers that I seemed able to confirm from the photos and the rosters that I have include:  Jeff Ulmer 19, Mark Pivetz 3, Toby Kvalevog 35, Jason Ulmer 9, Curtis Murphy 2, Joe Blake 28 and Ian Kallay 10.

Obviously the numbers are easy to see, and all of them on there were in fact being used in 1996-97, so that gave me a little confidence.

It looks legit.  And really, that's all that matters right!1 :D  I doubt someone is going to question the authenticity of the jersy hanging in your man cave!! ;)

5 hours ago, SJHovey said:

5 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

5 hours ago, Fader said:

Will gladly give you $200 for that jersey, sight unseen. :)

5 hours ago, SJHovey said:

4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

It looks legit.  And really, that's all that matters right!1 :D  I doubt someone is going to question the authenticity of the jersy hanging in your man cave!! ;)

That looks like a pretty obvious fake to me.  Tell ya what, save yourself some embarrassment and let me take that off of your hands for twenty bucks and a Fighting Sioux can coozie.  PM sent.  

:D

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SJHovey said:

27 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

That looks like a pretty obvious fake to me.  Tell ya what, save yourself some embarrassment and let me take that off of your hands for twenty bucks and a Fighting Sioux can coozie.  PM sent.  

:D

I'll do ya one better- 7 dollars, an ND logo pennant, and a print-at-home ticket from the Manitoba game three years ago.

So, an update on my auction purhase I referenced in a post a few days ago.

I stopped by the Bradley Center yesterday to collect my "Auction Lot," which included the UND jersey.

With respect to the jersey, it is one definitely signed by the 1996-97 team.  Aaron Schweitzer, Dane Litke and Mark Pivetz all signed, and that was the only year they played together at UND.  I did not see any coaches signatures.  All of the signatures are on the front of the jersey, which will make it nice for framing.  There are 22 player signatures, so I assume it was just signed by the players who were listed as eligible to play in that Frozen Four, although that's just a guess on my part.  It's a size 52 Gemini home jersey.  It has the number 9 on it, but no name.  It was also packaged with a souvenir program and souvenir puck from that Frozen Four, which further supports my assumption about the jersey.  I was hoping someone there could shed some light on the background of the jersey, but no.

After I took a look at the jersey, puck and program, I started digging through the large boxes of stuff that I bought without having any idea what was in there.  As my wife and I started pulling things out of the boxes, we couldn't stop from laughing at the crazy assortment.  A brief list of the items I received for my $180 (other than the hockey jersey and Frozen Four stuff) includes:

An authentic Bucks basketball jersey with Taylor Swift's name on the back and autographed by her on the front.

An authentic Bucks basketball jersey with Bon Jovi on the back.  I've yet to find any autograph.

Five Milwaukee Wave soccer jerseys, one signed by what appears to be the entire team.  I'll confess that before yesterday I literally had no idea who the Milwaukee Wave were.

One pair of Nike soccer goalkeeper gloves.

Two brand new canvas Milwaukee Buck carry bags (which came in handy for hauling all my stuff to the car).

Two autographed "Raw is War" t-shirts from the August 16, 1999, Monday Night Raw event.  Each t-shirt probably has twenty autographs on it.  Not a huge wrestling fan, so I'm going to have to do some digging to figure out who signed those shirts.  I can only assume most of those people are dead, being wrestlers.

A crapload of signed glossy pictures, and one signed t-shirt from a bunch of professional figure skaters.

A handful of brand new NCAA basketball t-shirts and sweatshirts (tags all still attached) from the 1999 March Madness first round games played there.  I'll actually be wearing those shirts.

A heavy duty rubber Gene Simmons KISS mask, that candidly, is spectacular.

Honestly, it was hilarious pulling that stuff out of the boxes.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

I stopped by the Bradley Center yesterday to collect my "Auction Lot," which included the UND jersey.

With respect to the jersey, it is one definitely signed by the 1996-97 team.  Aaron Schweitzer, Dane Litke and Mark Pivetz all signed, and that was the only year they played together at UND.  I did not see any coaches signatures.  All of the signatures are on the front of the jersey, which will make it nice for framing.  There are 22 player signatures, so I assume it was just signed by the players who were listed as eligible to play in that Frozen Four, although that's just a guess on my part.  It's a size 52 Gemini home jersey.  It has the number 9 on it, but no name.  It was also packaged with a souvenir program and souvenir puck from that Frozen Four, which further supports my assumption about the jersey.  I was hoping someone there could shed some light on the background of the jersey, but no.

After I took a look at the jersey, puck and program, I started digging through the large boxes of stuff that I bought without having any idea what was in there.  As my wife and I started pulling things out of the boxes, we couldn't stop from laughing at the crazy assortment.  A brief list of the items I received for my $180 (other than the hockey jersey and Frozen Four stuff) includes:

An authentic Bucks basketball jersey with Taylor Swift's name on the back and autographed by her on the front.

An authentic Bucks basketball jersey with Bon Jovi on the back.  I've yet to find any autograph.

Five Milwaukee Wave soccer jerseys, one signed by what appears to be the entire team.  I'll confess that before yesterday I literally had no idea who the Milwaukee Wave were.

Two brand new canvas Milwaukee Buck carry bags (which came in handy for hauling all my stuff to the car).

Two autographed "Raw is War" t-shirts from the August 16, 1999, Monday Night Raw event.  Each t-shirt probably has twenty autographs on it.  Not a huge wrestling fan, so I'm going to have to do some digging to figure out who signed those shirts.  I can only assume most of those people are dead, being wrestlers.

A crapload of signed glossy pictures, and one signed t-shirt from a bunch of professional figure skaters.

A handful of brand new NCAA basketball t-shirts and sweatshirts (tags all still attached) from the 1999 March Madness first round games played there.  I'll actually be wearing those shirts.

You got all that for $180?!??!  What a find!

16 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

Well, you know you are now going to provide proof of all this stuff.  Pictured or it never happened!! ;)

25 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

You might actually be able to pay for your purchase with the wrestling shirts depending on what signatures are on there. It could possibly have some big names that have since moved on or retired and to have them all on one shirt would be pretty impressive. 

1 hour ago, SJHovey said:

That is an amazing assortment.  Truly a spectacular lot to win!  Crazy that they didn't sort these items a bit better.

Looking at the WWE shirt, I think you have some really good signatures that I can see from the single picture.  It looks like HHH, Kurt Angle, Sgt Slaughter, Teddy Long, Marianna.  Those first three are certainly great signatures.  That might also be a Shawn Michael's autograph to the right of HHH, but it's kind of hard to see.  

This link from the event might help you identify some other signatures.

http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/August_16,_1999_Monday_Night_RAW_results

I have an Authentic Reebok Edge 7287 Jersey, but the lettering on the front is green instead of black. I never even noticed it when I initially got it, and the place where I was getting it customized brought it to my attention. Has anyone seen one like this before, or can anyone shed some light on it?  Best I can come up with is that is was a factory defect or something....

08E45957-7D54-40B4-9654-A0C1D0700677.jpeg