SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

57 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Notice the difference in the white shading on the forehead and facenof the logo, compare that to the proper thread color and quality of the legit pictured below. Compare the small yellow slash under the ear area. 

I'm far from an expert in the area, but that's always the first thing that jumps out.  Shading looks weird.

10 hours ago, Cratter said:

Here's a video pretty much perfectly describing your situation:

$40 Jersey

$40 Fast shipping (not waiting two months)

$40 To have it name and numbered

Total: $120 

It's all in how you look at it. Happy Valentines Day. :xmas:

So it's an $80 jersey(which is generous given the quality) and I should build the $40 shipping from China into the value despite it not being shipped? That makes zero sense.

People saying it's not the end of the world, of course it's not but 99% of whats posted on this site is 1st world problems. It's the principle of this being posted as a REAL jersey and I quote "not a chinese knock off". It was a blatant misrepresentation of a product. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

So it's an $80 jersey(which is generous given the quality) and I should build the $40 shipping from China into the value despite it not being shipped? That makes zero sense.

People saying it's not the end of the world, of course it's not but 99% of whats posted on this site is 1st world problems. It's the principle of this being posted as a REAL jersey and I quote "not a chinese knock off". It was a blatant misrepresentation of a product. 

I think he just meant if you had bought it yourself online rather than locally it would have ended up costing roughly the same.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

When it is produced to deceive someone into thinking it was made by Reebok it is a crime. Tell the guy you want your money back or you will report it to the local PD for selling you a counterfit, they wont do anything about one offs' but it might help you get your money back.

Legit Reebok logo

Yup, this is my whole point. 

2 hours ago, Siouxperior said:

I'll give you 100 for it.

I'm considering this but based on principle I really want my $125 back. I'll let you know if I change my mind though.

1 minute ago, streetsahead said:

I think he just meant if you had bought it yourself online rather than locally it would have ended up costing roughly the same.

Yeah I suppose so, but I'm not looking to spend $120 on something that's a knock-off.

That is in china. I added in the time value of money to my post. And it takes about two months to get to you, if ever. If you buy one locally expect to pay more.

And that one is a bad chinese knockoff. IHTINB got a much better knockoff. Which jersey do you get off that eBay listing? As theres two different ones.

9 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

No. Not legit, not by a long shot.

This is very much a chinese counterfeit. Not just a knockoff, but a counterfit. 

The Reebok logo is a dead straight giveaway, it looks like it was dsigned with a crayon, written out  by a righthanded child..... writing with his left hand.

the reebok Reebok  inner cloth band above the tagging on the inside of the neck is grey .... all the authentic reeboks I have...( over 14 ) that cloth strip is black.

The logo is NOT correct, hell its not even made of the correct material. 

Notice the difference in the white shading on the forehead and facenof the logo, compare that to the proper thread color and quality of the legit pictured below. Compare the small yellow slash under the ear area. 

The logo patch is very crudely produced.

The sewing is off and poorly produced and the ND shoulder patch is absolutely not correct.

When it is produced to deceive someone into thinking it was made by Reebok it is a crime. Tell the guy you want your money back or you will report it to the local PD for selling you a counterfit, they wont do anything about one offs' but it might help you get your money back.

Legit Reebok logo

20180215_081433.jpg

Your right. The Reebok logo in the collar is right, but the one above "Sioux" is off. Most notably the bottom left of the b.

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

This thread makes me leary of buying anything,  or selling.

Why, just don’t sell counterfeit !@#$ or try to scam people and things go quite smoothly. Not that you’ve ever done anything like that but, a few dirtbags ripping people off doesn’t mean a honest guy or gal can’t trade good.

Frustrating that this is a difficult concept.

16 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

To clarify I am leary of my ability to identify counterfeits, whether buying or selling.

Ah... I understand now,. That’s a legitimate concern.

yes it is frustrating that so much crap is out there, I get that.

some people don’t care, if the jersey they get is a Chinese fake, however I feel it’s important to understand the child filled sweatshops putting out the product.  It’s exploiting children, and sioux fans for a minimal profit. 

I think as a fan base we can hold ourselves to a higher standard., but I’m a bit of an idealist sometimes.

http://www.startribune.com/selling-of-knockoff-jerseys-leads-to-felony-charges/111970084/

https://www.tsn.ca/faking-it-the-real-cost-of-fanwear-1.201521

im always willing to share what I’ve been taught by the true Jedi Sioux Jersey masters if it helps a guy out.

• Upvote 1

One of the easiest ways to tell if it’s a fake is simple... If you buy it and don’t automaticlly feel sick to your stomach after spending $$$ on what is essentially a shirt, it’s probably fake. 

Meaning, if you can easily afford it, it’s most likely a counterfeit. 

• Upvote 1