SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, MrBurns said:

Does anyone know how they are selling the jerseys that they are wearing on Saturday? Are they selling them online or at the arena? All I've seen is it said they will be for sale after the game.

I've been told that the Sioux Shop won't be selling these ones.  It sounds like UND plans on selling them through their website as they used to do several years ago. UND used to hold a couple of online auctions a year for game worn jerseys.  It was done through UNDsports.com and run by Matt Schill.  After Matt left, they struggled to find someone to take it on.  They then started using the Siouxshop to sell the gameworn jerseys and Jason Carlson ran the auctions.  With the new UND website, I'm being told they have to sell gameworn jerseys through the site again. Apparently it was in the contract somehow.  Unfortunately they haven't figured out who should take it on.  That's why we haven't seen any game worn auctions yet this year and I'd assume it's why information on this weekend's jerseys is scarce.  Hopefully they announce something at the game or let us know what the plan is.

Just now, BrandonH61 said:

I've been told that the Sioux Shop won't be selling these ones.  It sounds like UND plans on selling them through their website as they used to do several years ago. UND used to hold a couple of online auctions a year for game worn jerseys.  It was done through UNDsports.com and run by Matt Schill.  After Matt left, they struggled to find someone to take it on.  They then started using the Siouxshop to sell the gameworn jerseys and Jason Carlson ran the auctions.  With the new UND website, I'm being told they have to sell gameworn jerseys through the site again. Apparently it was in the contract somehow.  Unfortunately they haven't figured out who should take it on.  That's why we haven't seen any game worn auctions yet this year and I'd assume it's why information on this weekend's jerseys is scarce.  Hopefully they announce something at the game or let us know what the plan is.

I should've said that this is completely different from the Vegas jerseys earlier this year.  That was 100% done by the Siouxshop and handled by the Siouxshop.  This weekend's jerseys are being handled by UND which is why they need to figure out how to sell them.

From today's preview email:

"1958-1959 National Champions
2019 marks the 60th anniversary of UND's first National Championship in ice hockey, which was won over Michigan State in overtime.  To celebrate this achievement, the team will wear replica 1959 jerseys during the game this weekend.  The jerseys will be auctioned off after the game to raise money for scholarships."

Not a lot of info at all.  People may notice the picture on the email does have Sammy Sioux on the sleeve.

1 hour ago, siouxforcefans said:

From today's preview email:

"1958-1959 National Champions
2019 marks the 60th anniversary of UND's first National Championship in ice hockey, which was won over Michigan State in overtime.  To celebrate this achievement, the team will wear replica 1959 jerseys during the game this weekend.  The jerseys will be auctioned off after the game to raise money for scholarships."

Not a lot of info at all.  People may notice the picture on the email does have Sammy Sioux on the sleeve.

Picture?

Just now, BrandonH61 said:

I’ve been told the jerseys don’t look exactly like that. I’ve also been told they’ll be sold at the Champions Gala.

I believe that. The picture I posted is a replica the Sioux Shop is auctioning off this week.

Hope you don't have to attend the Gala to Bid.

14 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

I believe that. The picture I posted is a replica the Sioux Shop is auctioning off this week.

Hope you don't have to attend the Gala to Bid.

I’m guessing you’d have to be at it. Or have someone there to bid for you. They did Luke Johnson’s white Tampa there a couple of years ago.

1 minute ago, BrandonH61 said:

I’m guessing you’d have to be at it. Or have someone there to bid for you. They did Luke Johnson’s white Tampa there a couple of years ago.

The 2015 event had internet bidding for most silent auction items......wish they would do that again.

21 hours ago, Langster019 said:

Is this confirmed? The online auction comment?

They’ll be auctioned at the Champions Gala. I’m assuming they’ll be the usual table silent auctions. As of right now it sounds like UND is struggling to get an online auction set up for previous gamers.

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Ebay ones look like a good value when the Ralph right now is auctioning off the same era replica jerseys and currently at $660.

Very very very, wrong.

Not nearly the same. The ones AZ makes are good jerseys of modern material and fit and are accurate in design and replica of the 1959 they are avaialable and easy to produce. I own a bunch and great. Plus he good guy.

The one the Ralph is auctioning is one of very very very few ever made, maybe a dozen... total. It is made of period accurate knit cotton and knit in the same manner as sweaters were in 1950s, on machines possibly that old.

The detail is exact and other than the sizeing to fit modern fattness is the same as a sweater from that year.

Also two HUGE pieces of info... the machines that made this sweater are no longer available, neither is one of the shades of cotton used to make it.

So it can not be produced again, ever. and to own one of the dozen ever made is almost as rare as owning one of the few (2 or 3) originals left in existence.

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

So it can not be produced again, ever. 

Have a hard time believing the Ralph just happened to be able to get these replicas made in 2014 just before the end of anyone ever being able to make more. haha.

At the end of the day, its a recently made replica.

27 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Have a hard time believing the Ralph just happened to be able to get these replicas made in 2014 just before the end of anyone ever being able to make more. haha.

At the end of the day, its a recently made replica.

Unfourtunetly, you are very incorrect. But by all means dont bid then.