SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

3 hours ago, siouxstudent said:

Can someone confirm if this is a legit jersey, just wanted a few more sets of eyes to give me some input.Thanks!

jersey.png

Not a great picture, but looks legit.

-correct Reebok logo

-Brien signature on feather

-Sioux head looks good

-wordmark and outline look alright

Good find, if you ask me

I always find it interesting that you see people here posting all the time looking for authentic Sioux jerseys that aren't cheap knockoffs from China.  My question is, where were these people from 2005-2012?!!  There were thousands of jerseys at Scheels, the Siouxshop, etc during that time.  Even though it still wasn't a for sure thing were dropping the name until summer of 2012, there was still a good amount of time that stores will selling these jerseys.  I bought one in 2011 at the Sioux Shop just to have one before they were out.  Nor sure why others didn't do the same.

If you can't find an authentic Sioux jersey, I have a great idea for you.  Go to the Sioux Shop or Scheels and grab one of the new ones they have for sale!  

• Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I always find it interesting that you see people here posting all the time looking for authentic Sioux jerseys that aren't cheap knockoffs from China.  My question is, where were these people from 2005-2012?!!  There were thousands of jerseys at Scheels, the Siouxshop, etc during that time.  Even though it still wasn't a for sure thing were dropping the name until summer of 2012, there was still a good amount of time that stores will selling these jerseys.  I bought one in 2011 at the Sioux Shop just to have one before they were out.  Nor sure why others didn't do the same.

If you can't find an authentic Sioux jersey, I have a great idea for you.  Go to the Sioux Shop or Scheels and grab one of the new ones they have for sale!  

What if it's another jersey to add to their collection? Who's to say if this is the 1st Sioux jersey the person has bought? In my case, I bought an authentic black one before they were retired and looking for a green and/or white one.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Sorry but I dont want the new ones at Scheels or the Sioux Shop. Never have, never will. Moving on...................

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The reason why there were so many at the Sioux shop back then was the MASSIVE orders they put in prior to the cut off of ordering for the SIOUX logo.

That happened about three seperate times during the NCAA extortion process. One of the first times the huge orders were placed Scheels ordered a metric !@#$ ton of them and then when it was ruled ok for the next year during the back and forth they actually sold off some authentics for that $200 price point to move inventory. 

A GREAT buy/investment i know.. i bought about a dozen over the time.

They were still flying off the shelf but sales slowed a bit after the announcement that Sioux stuff would be available for a bit longer.

you bought one thats great... alot of people bought them then...you ask why others didnt ?... they WERE  buying them, they just didnt know they were supposed to notify you when they picked them up.

Many were not purchasers at that time... .still in middle school... now when they go to college they want real Sioux sweaters.... there is a market there. 

You do know the retail supply of authentic reebok SIOUX sweaters is gone right?...

There is not a Sioux sweater you can buy, NEW off the rack anywhere... Sioux Shop....Scheels... all gone.

You have to be able to understand that right?

As much as you want it to be the case... the F'nHawks jerseys are not Sioux jerseys.... and they DO NOT SELL for !@#$ and never will.

Sioux Shop has difficulty moving anywhere near the volume of authentics compared to the Sioux sweaters... and thats comparing before the surge due to retirement. The reebok Nodak sweaters ala the '16 natty sweater sold a bit due to wanting the natty authentic but the ccm fhawks sweaters ... Nope. 

Scheels from what I've seen has not even stocked authentics of the fhawks jersey. They carry retail replicas from ccm and k1 but those are frequently found on the clearence rank because they dont sell. 

Anyone who has for sale an authentic reebok Sioux sweater.... can ask what they want really... there is little competition but many people do have them so market is not as strong. 

IMHO $450 is a good and fair ask, especially the wcha patched .....anywhere from $350-450 is a fair transaction. Anything around $300 is a good price, if one is patient and watches facebook or bismanonline or even carefully on ebay deals can be found but the reality is....

You can not buy a new one off the shelf. Anywhere. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Sioux Shop has difficulty moving anywhere near the volume of authentics compared to the Sioux sweater

Scheels from what I've seen has not even stocked authentics of the fhawks jersey. They carry retail replicas from ccm and k1 but those are frequently found on the clearence rank because they dont sell. 

There are not current jerseys on the clearance rack. It isn't true and it makes makes zero sense. On top of that, they have been out for about 6-8 months now and the team will have different jerseys after next season regardless. Not the only reasons, but it sure contributes. It isn't a shocker the volume isn't as large.

53 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

The reason why there were so many at the Sioux shop back then was the MASSIVE orders they put in prior to the cut off of ordering for the SIOUX logo.

That happened about three seperate times during the NCAA extortion process. One of the first times the huge orders were placed Scheels ordered a metric !@#$ ton of them and then when it was ruled ok for the next year during the back and forth they actually sold off some authentics for that $200 price point to move inventory. 

A GREAT buy/investment i know.. i bought about a dozen over the time.

They were still flying off the shelf but sales slowed a bit after the announcement that Sioux stuff would be available for a bit longer.

you bought one thats great... alot of people bought them then...you ask why others didnt ?... they WERE  buying them, they just didnt know they were supposed to notify you when they picked them up.

Many were not purchasers at that time... .still in middle school... now when they go to college they want real Sioux sweaters.... there is a market there. 

You do know the retail supply of authentic reebok SIOUX sweaters is gone right?...

There is not a Sioux sweater you can buy, NEW off the rack anywhere... Sioux Shop....Scheels... all gone.

You have to be able to understand that right?

As much as you want it to be the case... the F'nHawks jerseys are not Sioux jerseys.... and they DO NOT SELL for !@#$ and never will.

Sioux Shop has difficulty moving anywhere near the volume of authentics compared to the Sioux sweaters... and thats comparing before the surge due to retirement. The reebok Nodak sweaters ala the '16 natty sweater sold a bit due to wanting the natty authentic but the ccm fhawks sweaters ... Nope. 

Anyone who has for sale an authentic reebok Sioux sweater.... can ask what they want really... there is little competition but many people do have them so market is not as strong. 

IMHO $450 is a good and fair ask, especially the wcha patched .....anywhere from $350-450 is a fair transaction. Anything around $300 is a good price, if one is patient and watches facebook or bismanonline or even carefully on ebay deals can be found but the reality is....

You can not buy a new one off the shelf. Anywhere. 

Thanks for the lesson on supply and demand.  Appreciate it.  Also, notify me next time you buy a jersey so I can update my Sioux jersey demand chart!!  Wow.  relax dude.  Sorry for triggering you!!

The demand for Sioux jerseys, believe it or not, will decrease more and more.  Especially by the students.  Soon there will be UND students who weren't even alive when UND was the Fighting Sioux.  They won;t have any real connection to the old name and logo except from what their parents have exposed them to. 

I am not here claiming that people shouldn't want to bu authentic Sioux jerseys.  That's fine.  My initial point was me observing the demand for Sioux jerseys now.  I guess I should have bought like 100 jerseys 10 years ago.  Would be making a killing today!!

8 hours ago, jdub27 said:

There are not current jerseys on the clearance rack. It isn't true and it makes makes zero sense. On top of that, they have been out for about 6-8 months now and the team will have different jerseys after next season regardless. Not the only reasons, but it sure contributes. It isn't a shocker the volume isn't as large.

Wrong.

You are wrong. It's either by choice, ignorance, or desperate denial... but its just wrong.

I just saw replica ccm F'nHawks jerseys on clearence.... along with a whole big circular rack of Fhawks stuff at scheels this week.

Retail results don't lie.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I haven't heard this...

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I haven't heard this...

Switching to adidas. Assuming the design will end up being different, no clue to what extent. 

38 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I just saw replica ccm F'nHawks jerseys on clearence.... along with a whole big circular rack of Fhawks stuff at scheels this week.

So they put all the replica jerseys on sale or just picked a few random ones to put on the clearance rack, right next to the racks of regular price ones that are exactly the same? I guess I'm not following the logic on that. 

As for the rest of merchandise, yes, some of that will hit clearance rack, the same as what happened with the interlocking and Brien logos. 

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, und1995 said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273210038936

How much is a replica nike Sioux jersey worth? I’m thinking about bidding on this one. The same seller also has a white one up for sale as well. 

E32F3784-D301-4BEE-B401-76DA3BF97FA1.thumb.png.0c502bb4168977424a0932b5014d755d.png

I have this exact jersey.

I got it as a gift, but I think the purchase price was around $80. 

As I don't feel qualified to identify a fake vs. an authentic, I'm in another forum and looking for some guidance. Someone posted a jersey that has caused a fair amount of uproar. Can you guys weigh in on whether this jersey is authentic or not? The pictures aren't the best. I presume someone that is used to looking at this would be able to tell immediately. Thanks. 

33902965_10156647189319658_5532456685190250496_n.jpg

34091273_10156647189214658_7889101752992006144_n.jpg

34104802_10156647189329658_9138483103465996288_n.jpg

34069027_10156647189114658_888883498117496832_n.jpg

34011419_10156647300124658_4171079685901385728_n.jpg

34135784_10156647300154658_5789140444948463616_n.jpg