SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

• 5 weeks later...

Is there a source for specific replica jerseys?   I mean like a Tony Hrkac 21 in the style worn in 87 or a Cary Eades 22 in the style worn in 82?   I don't need a game worn jersey,  just so long as it has the same design and logo from the specific year.     It seems there would be a market for them.  I apologize  if I am missing an obvious source, I did read a few pages back on this thread.     I also don't know how all the licensing works for styles from years ago.

This foolio lists the jersey as if it was actually used in the frozen four and added the patch. True Sioux fans know they only used the white and then the green in both games...Way to mess up a good jersey by modifying it yourself, probably loses some of the value.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Worn-University-of-North-Dakota-Fighting-Sioux-Schmaltz-Frozen-Four-Jersey-/182094014423?hash=item2a65a627d7:g:pC8AAOSwKfVXEPQo

4 minutes ago, 01grad said:

This foolio lists the jersey as if it was actually used in the frozen four and added the patch. True Sioux fans know they only used the white and then the green in both games...Way to mess up a good jersey by modifying it yourself, probably loses some of the value.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Worn-University-of-North-Dakota-Fighting-Sioux-Schmaltz-Frozen-Four-Jersey-/182094014423?hash=item2a65a627d7:g:pC8AAOSwKfVXEPQo

Question becomes; would they have had all three jerseys with the patch with when they went to the FF? I mean, you go in hoping to play more than one game, so they may have had everything prepared?

21 minutes ago, 01grad said:

This is a Jordan Schmaltz jersey. He may have worn the black jersey in the FF. I don't recall.

The black 2013-14 jerseys were sold with the patch on them from the team.  They put the patch on them because they don't determine what color they'll decide to wear until it's too late.  The seller didn't do anything wrong in this case.  No, the team didn't wear black, but the team was the one to add the patch.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 01grad said:

you obviously don't collect gamers and understand how it works. if UND enters the postseason as the number one overall seed, they will wear the home colored jerseys 9x out of 10, thus only wearing one color (could be more but unlikely). if UND enters at a lower seed, the equipment manager  puts the FF patch on all the jerseys as they are not the team who dictates the color. this specific year they only wore the green jerseys because they played in the semifinal game.

also, it wouldn't take you long to find out who this person is. he posted a picture of said jersey on this thread not too long ago. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2016 at 1:59 PM, 01grad said:

I appreciate the advertisement!

First, I never said it was worn in the frozen four.  The listing states that it was worn during the season.  As others have posted after me, they patch one of each color for the tournament if they do not know which color they will be wearing, way to be a true "Sioux fan".  Secondly, why would I patch a jersey that has authenticity and "mess up a good jersey"?

Again thanks for sharing the listing!

On April 18, 2016 at 1:59 PM, 01grad said:

33 minutes ago, UNDSioux23 said:

I appreciate the advertisement!

Well this is awkward.

• Upvote 1

On April 17, 2016 at 0:47 PM, Oilcan89 said:

Is there a source for specific replica jerseys?   I mean like a Tony Hrkac 21 in the style worn in 87 or a Cary Eades 22 in the style worn in 82?   I don't need a game worn jersey,  just so long as it has the same design and logo from the specific year.     It seems there would be a market for them.  I apologize  if I am missing an obvious source, I did read a few pages back on this thread.     I also don't know how all the licensing works for styles from years ago.

I'd like to know an answer to this as well.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Fader said:

Some youth team "borrowed" the logo a couple years past.  They may even still exist.  If you want to search through the 76 pages in the thread, I believe someone who had ties to the team had mentioned it at some point, but can't recall for sure.

On May 30, 2016 at 11:35 PM, Big A HG said:

Some youth team "borrowed" the logo a couple years past.  They may even still exist.  If you want to search through the 76 pages in the thread, I believe someone who had ties to the team had mentioned it at some point, but can't recall for sure.

I was in the arena in St Paul where that team played and there is a large banner on the wall.  I believe it was some sort of AAA traveling youth team.  Team name has since been changed but that jersey is legit.

• 5 weeks later...