SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

Let me explain it this way, because No i dont think you get it at all.

Imagine you have a wonderful painting by a famous artist. Its yours, you own it, you can do whatever to it that you wish.

It happens that you wish to dip your hand in paint and make a hand print turkey in the middle of the painting. Because you like it that way. Which is fine.

But then you take that painting and proudly display your modifications in a gallery attended by art enthusiasts.

Obviously the artsy fartsy people are mortified that this unique piece of art, from this artist with so very few works left in the world has been "ruined" in their eyes.

They are outraged that someone would do this and then flaunt it front of them.

You didnt think that maybe there would be some discontent when you flaunted the destruction of a highly sought after item ....in a forumn obviously focused on people who hold in value and esteem the collectible item destroyed..

'Cmon man you should have known that would happen.

So it's 'flaunting' to show a picture of a jersey on a forum called Jerseys?  Jesus, you got to have something more to worry about...maybe you could flaunt your opinion on the nickname again; that's always a good read. ;)

So it's 'flaunting' to show a picture of a jersey on a forum called Jerseys? Jesus, you got to have something more to worry about...maybe you could flaunt your opinion on the nickname again; that's always a good read. ;)

Not really sure what you're refering too about the nickname, i'm not really sure how my opinion that "I prefer Fighting Sioux over everything else, but its not going to matter.".....is out of the ordianary, pretty much the same as 98% of everyone here.

I'm glad you thought it was a good read.

I do have a hobby; its collecting game worn fighting sioux jerseys  :)

And yes it is very annoying when a reputation button is hit that wasn't meant to be hit on the phone , Sorry Siouxkid12  ....My bad  I did not intend to do that.  Is it possible to change those?

I've got 6 more replicas up on eBay (Black Dazzle Geo, 1970s Blackhawk style, 1950s Big Chief, 1959 Diagonal Sioux, 1990s "North Dakota", and a 1980s Blackhawk Bowen).  I also have 6 hockey pucks up for sale including a game used Blackhawk logo, a geometric logo, a 6 star, a 7star, etc.).  Seller name is Montanafan61.

I've got 6 more replicas up on eBay (Black Dazzle Geo, 1970s Blackhawk style, 1950s Big Chief, 1959 Diagonal Sioux, 1990s "North Dakota", and a 1980s Blackhawk Bowen).  I also have 6 hockey pucks up for sale including a game used Blackhawk logo, a geometric logo, a 6 star, a 7star, etc.).  Seller name is Montanafan61.

Probably a good thing for my pocketbook that the size is a little big for me.  Nice jerseys though!

That Bowen jersey is intriguing. Where did you pick that one up at? Sold at one time as a game-worn, eh?

there was a bunch of them that were made up by a guy down in the MPLS area who tried to pass them off as game worn Sioux jerseys from the late 80's. needless to say he was busted

things like that also make me cringe.....

How's that Gemini Dazzle run?  Is it a smaller XL or a bigger XL?

The gemini dazzle runs like a normal XL.  I'm 6'1 210 lb and it fit me well.  That is except for the arms.  The arms seem to run a little short...  atleast on me.

That Bowen jersey is intriguing. Where did you pick that one up at? Sold at one time as a game-worn, eh?

I picked the Bowen up off of ebay a while back. I knew it wasn't gameworn when I bought it, but it's actually a really nice jersey. They were done up well, and it's a nice heavy duty jersey. The reason it "looks" game worn, is because someone put some black marks on it to try to pass it as wear. There are no holes, repairs, or anything else. Just a few black marks here and there.

Is the Indian head on the Bowen replica the right size? Looks like a pretty nice jersey except for maybe that. The fake game-worn thing is pretty lame...

I'm not sure about the Indian head size. I guess it seemed normal to me.

there was a bunch of them that were made up by a guy down in the MPLS area who tried to pass them off as game worn Sioux jerseys from the late 80's. needless to say he was busted

things like that also make me cringe.....

Seems there are a lot of things that make you cringe :p

Anyone here lucky enough to win one of the Sioux jerseys on gameworn last night?  I had bids on all five at one time, but didn't get any.  They had 3 black dazzles (Toews, T. Zajac, Stafford), a Kristo Frozen Four, and a Duncan with the A patch.  Some really sweet jerseys.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking to change up my Sioux game worn hockey jersey collection a little bit.  With that said, I have 6 game worn jerseys that I'm looking to primarily trade for other players or styles that I'm missing.  If I can't find any traders out there, I may consider selling to help fund more purchases.  Here's what I've got:

1995-1996 Darcy Mitani Green Geometric style..  first year of the geos..  came from Darcy.

2000-2001 Aaron Schneekloth Green Geometric style with Frozen Four patch.

2005-2006 Matt Watkins Black Nike Dazzle with UND LOA.

2006-2007 Matt Watkins Green Nike Dazzle...  great wear on the sleeves.

2009-2010 Andrew MacWilliam White Reebok with UND LOA.

2013-2014 Clarke Saunders White Reebok with UND LOA.

Not very often do you see geometric gamers on the market.  I'm willing to trade these old gems away for some newer styles or newer players.  Let me know if you're interested in any of these and maybe we can work something out.  Brandon

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking to move a few gamers again.  My collection has gotten a little large and I need some money to pay for a couple I just purchased.  Here's what I'm looking to part with:

95-96 Jesse Bull white geometric jersey - this is the first year of the geometric style

05-06 Matt Watkins black dazzle

06-07 Matt Watkins green dazzle

13-14 Clarke Saunders white reebok

PM me if interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to move a few gamers again.  My collection has gotten a little large and I need some money to pay for a couple I just purchased.  Here's what I'm looking to part with:

95-96 Jesse Bull white geometric jersey - this is the first year of the geometric style

05-06 Matt Watkins black dazzle

06-07 Matt Watkins green dazzle

13-14 Clarke Saunders white reebok

PM me if interested.

All jerseys are gone.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...