SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone here have a Taylor Dickin game worn jersey? I've been in contact with someone who is trying to track one down for him, I guess Taylor never got to keep a jersey before he left.

Did you check in the box?

• Upvote 2

I just listed 8 Sioux replica jerseys on ebay.  I don't really need to sell them, but they've been hanging in my closet unused for over 5 years now so I figured I'd see if someone wants them more than me.  They are: White Nike XXL Ben Brien logo lettered and numbered for Brandon Bochenski, Black K1 XL Ben Brien logo, Green Reebok XL Ben Brien logo, Green XL Blackhawk logo, White Gemini XL 2001 Arena Dedication Ben Brien logo, White Pedersons Medium 1988 Arena Dedication Blackhawk logo, White Starter XXL Geometric logo, and White Nike XL Ben Brien logo.  My seller ID is Montanafan61.  Take a look. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for an 05-06 Green gamer with the Columbus Frozen Four patch. Willing to pay top dollar or I have good traders including geos and frozen fours. Let me know if you have one or know of one. I'll make a good deal in your favor to get one. Thanks.

Ralph Engelstad Arena needs one more green authentic Nike jersey.  They are willing to pay top dollar for it.  Please help out if you can!  It is going into the new Jersey Hall and will be the last jersey needed to complete the hall!

If you can help out or are interested in knowing more, please contact me or Jason at the Sioux Shop.  This green jersey is not going to me or any other collector, but rather will be customized and put directly into the glass case for all the players, recruits, alumni, coaches, etc to see and walk past everyday. 

Thank you!

If you have any white or black Nike authentic jerseys, I'd be interested personally.  Also, I'm looking for any vintage Sioux jerseys you may have and interested in potentially selling.  Even if you're not sure you'd like to sell, I'd love to hear what you have. 

siouxjersey@gmail.com

Taking the original logo off of a game worn jersey and putting on a logo that was never worn with that jersey or that style. That's what makes me cringe.

Well Defauw liked it when he signed it and I couldn't care less if you "cringe" or not. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Well Defauw liked it when he signed it and I couldn't care less if you "cringe" or not.

How do you 'remove' a negative reputation vote? I meant to click to see who had negative repped this post and accidentally hit the negative rep button.

It's your jersey to do with as you please.  I have no qualms about it.  But, I'm going to put it in a way that may explain the feelings of others who also collect game-used jerseys, or other similar collectibles.  To many of us it'd be like saying "Hey, I like the Constitution, but I'd really LOVE the Constitution if it said 'We the Dog Lovers' instead of 'We the People', so let me take this handy eraser and make a quick fix."  It's just something that is probably for the best not to do because now you can't change it back and ever have it be the same.  If it was a retail jersey and not a game-worn jersey, I don't think you'd see anyone have any complaints because it doesn't have any history attached to it.

I have no complaints with what you did as it is your right to do what you did, but just thought I'd try to explain it in a way that made a little sense on where some of the folks are coming from.

It's your jersey to do with as you please.  I have no qualms about it.  But, I'm going to put it in a way that may explain the feelings of others who also collect game-used jerseys, or other similar collectibles.  To many of us it'd be like saying "Hey, I like the Constitution, but I'd really LOVE the Constitution if it said 'We the Dog Lovers' instead of 'We the People', so let me take this handy eraser and make a quick fix."  It's just something that is probably for the best not to do because now you can't change it back and ever have it be the same.  If it was a retail jersey and not a game-worn jersey, I don't think you'd see anyone have any complaints because it doesn't have any history attached to it.

I have no complaints with what you did as it is your right to do what you did, but just thought I'd try to explain it in a way that made a little sense on where some of the folks are coming from.

I understand, don't need it explained, but still don't care if some self proclaimed jersey wonk doesn't like it. Just sayin'... 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I understand, don't need it explained, but still don't care if some self proclaimed jersey wonk doesn't like it. Just sayin'...

Let me explain it this way, because No i dont think you get it at all.

Imagine you have a wonderful painting by a famous artist. Its yours, you own it, you can do whatever to it that you wish.

It happens that you wish to dip your hand in paint and make a hand print turkey in the middle of the painting. Because you like it that way. Which is fine.

But then you take that painting and proudly display your modifications in a gallery attended by art enthusiasts.

Obviously the artsy fartsy people are mortified that this unique piece of art, from this artist with so very few works left in the world has been "ruined" in their eyes.

They are outraged that someone would do this and then flaunt it front of them.

You didnt think that maybe there would be some discontent when you flaunted the destruction of a highly sought after item ....in a forumn obviously focused on people who hold in value and esteem the collectible item destroyed..

'Cmon man you should have known that would happen.

• Upvote 1

obviously you were looking for peoples responses, otherwise you wouldn't have posted it on a message board. 

I posted it on the board because I thought it looked cool...still do.  Thank god you're out here to correct everyone.