SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

11 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Nodak is a fun way to refer to the University of North Dakota, or anyone really that is from or lives in North Dakota.  But it is not our nickname.  If it ws as popular as people think, people would have voted for it when the nickname voting took place.  It was the 3rd best name out of a group of 5 not so great options.  Istead of perpetuating the 3rd place nickmname, how bout promiting the current name on jerseys.

SHUT YOUR FILTHY MOUTH WE’RE SIOUX FOREVER!

(sound about right?)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Nodak is a fun way to refer to the University of North Dakota, or anyone really that is from or lives in North Dakota.  But it is not our nickname.  If it ws as popular as people think, people would have voted for it when the nickname voting took place.  It was the 3rd best name out of a group of 5 not so great options.  Istead of perpetuating the 3rd place nickmname, how bout promiting the current name on jerseys.

That calm, measured-analysis approach shall not be tolerated here. ;)  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kevin G said:

Because almost no one wants a jersey with the current nickname.

I (and I know of others) have jerseys with the current nickname, are we "no one"? The people that don't want it are the ones who are unwilling to move on and don't truly support the program. They would rather buy counterfeit products that don't support anything but cheap Chinese child labor, than buy something authentic that supports the hockey program and school.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

You can keep checking because no one can. The hockey team has fought tooth and nail to not have to use the nickname on anything they wear. 
Now I love UND hockey but it is utterly embarrassing that all the other programs are on board with it but the hockey team continues to fight it.

Sioux Sports . com

• Upvote 1

Wasn't it back in the 1990s when the Baker/Wanless administration wouldn't let the hockey team put a Sioux logo on their jersey for a couple seasons?  If the hockey team is now calling 100% of the shots on their uniform, can someone explain how this change in uniform control occurred?  Or, more generally, who is responsible for uniform control at UND?

1 minute ago, Benny Baker said:

Wasn't it back in the 1990s when the Baker/Wanless administration wouldn't let the hockey team put a Sioux logo on their jersey for a couple seasons?  If the hockey team is now calling 100% of the shots on their uniform, can someone explain how this change in uniform control occurred?  Or, more generally, who is responsible for uniform control at UND?

I suspect we'll find out soon enough. 

2 hours ago, Kevin G said:

Because almost no one wants a jersey with the current nickname.

Sales figures suggest, he's not wrong.

2 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

I (and I know of others) have jerseys with the current nickname, are we "no one"? The people that don't want it are the ones who are unwilling to move on and don't truly support the program. They would rather buy counterfeit products that don't support anything but cheap Chinese child labor, than buy something authentic that supports the hockey program and school.

others as in.... the other 2 if you?

20 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

You can keep checking because no one can. The hockey team has fought tooth and nail to not have to use the nickname on anything they wear. 
Now I love UND hockey but it is utterly embarrassing that all the other programs are on board with it but the hockey team continues to fight it.

Yes we have been embarrassed by your behavior for years now.

It's getting old.

There's 3 of you.

.... and nobody is listening.

54 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Sales figures suggest, he's not wrong.

others as in.... the other 2 if you?

Yes we have been embarrassed by your behavior for years now.

It's getting old.

There's 3 of you.

.... and nobody is listening.

What’s getting old is people complaining about the nickname and the logo. It’s not changing, get over it.

do you have sales figures? I’d imaging if they weren’t selling that stuff Scheels and the bookstore wouldn’t Be ordering it. I dont include the Ralph because they seem to do whatever they want. 

there’s a lot of people that buy the “new” North Dakota stuff. Just because it isn’t you doesn’t mean it’s not being bought.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

What’s getting old is people complaining about the nickname and the logo. It’s not changing, get over it.

do you have sales figures? I’d imaging if they weren’t selling that stuff Scheels and the bookstore wouldn’t Be ordering it. I dont include the Ralph because they seem to do whatever they want. 

there’s a lot of people that buy the “new” North Dakota stuff. Just because it isn’t you doesn’t mean it’s not being bought.

Screem...screem into that echo chamber.

It's working.. lol.